Top end

Welp I was riding on a straight away... Lol in 5th gear I didn't have it pinned I was just playing with the throttle then blup blup blup she goes when I tried to kick it over it was very tight as in something blew up just took the head off and this what I see the bike has 27.5 hours on pro X piston from Amazon. what can it be

IMG_1862.JPGIMG_1861.JPGIMG_1860.JPGIMG_1859.JPG

i had literally just ridden it like 5 min before i got back on it & i think it's the bottom i just tried to rotate it it's kinda locking up & i run 32:1 & jd jetting did my jetting this was back in march tho it's hotter now like 97 but i was riding it when the sun was down

Cold seizure? Did you warm it up before you took off? 
Looks pretty hot also, what is your mix, jetting, routine?

Image1500493282.895619.jpgImage1500493325.812434.jpg the plastic look melted

The metal is discolored man, it must've overheated or lack of lubrication.

I'd check your cooling system, does it have enough coolant and stuff. Also how does your water pump look?

I ran 32:1 always measured it. My coolant was good when I had left . I took a 30 min. I found a then copper shaving on top of the bottom end

Those plastic stuffers are melted. I guarantee your big end crank bearing is toast. Time to pull it down and rebuild the crank. 

It's a 1999 yz250 do you have a link to a kit? And what I will need
  • Like 1

If you wanna rebuild your crank, I'd recommend someone like Ken O'Connor racing. They've got good reviews. I know a few guys who sent their worn cranks out. He does a good job for a reasonable price.

2 hours ago, Ayeecole said:

It's a 1999 yz250 do you have a link to a kit? And what I will need

I have mine rebuilt with a ProX rod and bearings.  They are the same as OEM and not cheap Tiwanese bearings that will fail prematurely. 

6 hours ago, ASP1227 said:

If you wanna rebuild your crank, I'd recommend someone like Ken O'Connor racing. They've got good reviews. I know a few guys who sent their worn cranks out. He does a good job for a reasonable price.

Yup, KOR does good rebuilds.