So I ordered new clutch plates and springs for my 1986 Kx 80 and today I tried to change them. The clutch cover came off fine, however the bolt in the centre of the clutch WILL NOT BUDGE. I've tried ratchets, torque bars, and multiple impacts. The Bolt either doesn't move or the impact jumps off the head of the bolt, I need any suggestions or help. I will leave a picture of the manual page about the clutch if that helps you guys understand, thanks.

IMG_4837.PNG

1/2" electric impact should take that off. Use a good 6 point socket and like said above alitte heat. Lefty loosey. 

1/2" electric impact should take that off. Use a good 6 point socket and like said above alitte heat. Lefty loosey. 

Guess I'll try the heat thing, like I said the 1/2 impact just hops right off the bolt.

On 20/07/2017 at 7:26 PM, MasonBraaps said:

Wont that just expand the bolt and make it tighter?

Heat just the nut not the shaft and hit the sides of the nut with a pin punch and hammer to "expand" the nut

any money says some idiot has put high strength thread locker on the thread

Heat just the nut not the shaft and hit the sides of the nut with a pin punch and hammer to "expand" the nut
any money says some idiot has put high strength thread locker on the thread

It's actually a bolt, not a nut. Also, the way the bolt is situated, you can't fit anything other than a socket in to attach to it. Anyways, in the end I had to drill out the head of the bolt to release the whole clutch basket from the motor. Then I had to use an 'eazy-out' to extract the threaded part of the bolt out of the shaft that it threads into. Luckily it worked out, but things could have went a lot worse. Thanks for the tips anyways guys!