Downhill challenging

Is there a technique for lifting the front over a log on downhill? Uphill is to easy..... motor already in a pull, just more throttle. But downhill..... That's tough. 

Well first you don't want to loft the front wheel over the log, you want to unload the front tire onto the log, use your knees more than your throttle, then unload your rear wheel, also onto the log, so that you can use your rear brake to ease your rear wheel off the log (unless you want to accelerate down the hill).

• Like 1

Last weekend on the enduro trails at Brushy mountain, lots of downhill is an understatement.  Extreme downhill. And rutted, bad, because the Enduro trail is tight. Only one possible line. A log or rock was my biggest worry. Several times, my front wheel tried to stop rather than roll over. Keeping it moving is crucial to keep from going over the bars. The one time I tried to release the brake, pop the front, I picked up to much speed, and could not make the next turn because my front had not touched down in time to steer the turn.  So I think I will try Motovita's way. Sounds safer. I often spring the front on level ground to get over a log, without using the clutch, so I just need to do this down hill. It seems as though it may be hard to do??? Because if your headed downward on a 45 degree, then springing downward...... is ....... putting more weight than usual on the front..... hmmmm, may make it easier? Less force needed?

Yep, downhills are scary and require some practice.  Motovita is correct, you don't want to pop the front tire over the log but be looking to punch the log with the front tire as it is coming up.