New to me KDX

Picked up this 04 KDX 200 for $900 last week. Runs pretty well so I'm gonna ride it then rebuild over the winter. My first green bike, been on blue for a few years.

Anything I need to know before I dive into it?

IMG_0220.JPG

• Like 2

Congrats on a killer bike! Nothing in particular you need to worry about on a KDX 200. Just keep the air filter clean and the trans fluid changed and they will normally give many years of trouble free service. Now, if you want to ride faster, then suspension upgrades are something to seriously look in to. Lastly, there is a ton of KDX knowledge over at http://www.kdxrider.net on rebuilding, engine mods, hybrids, and fork conversions. Check it out!

Edited by SS109

Killer deal man! I have been looking for one of these for my old man for the last few months, but similar condition KdX's in my area usually fetch twice that much. I ended up grabbing him a '97 RMX 250 instead for $500. Enjoy your new woods weapon!

I burned out the carbon in the pipe and put a JD jet kit in and put it all back together. 

It seems like the float bowl isn't filling fast enough or refilling at all. It'll idle for about 5 minutes or I can go up and down the street once or twice then it will run out of fuel. I'll have to try a few things once I get time. Old plug but it came out dry. Will restart quickly with the choke but takes a lot of kicking without the choke.

I'm at 6000ft, 70-80 degrees in low humidity, JD red needle on the third clip, 155 main and 45 pilot. New/clean air filter. AS is 1.5 out.

Edited by vossman23

sounds like your on the right track, check your float height, you may need to raise it so the bowl fills up more.

That's a smoking deal, especially for an 04.  A couple months ago I was able to get a 97 for 1200 and I thought that was a good deal.  I have only put a couple rides on it (coming off a big 4 stroke) and absolutely love it.  Just as others have mentioned, create an account at kdxrider.net.  Everyone is very helpful and you can find information on anything and everything about your KDX.  Also check out Fredette Racing Products, they are KDX experts and have some good general information in a section called KDXposed that helps with basic setup and modifications.  Anyhow, welcome to the KDX brotherhood.!  Take care.

Got to really ride it today. Jetting was a bit rich even after the motor cleaned out, it was fairly humid for Colo. Still had power to spare even when lugging it around with my daughter on her 110. Willing to bet I could drop all three jets though.