Trying to find a pitbike to ride with little ones

So my soon to be 3 year old boy and 6 year old girl currently share a 2001 jr50. My son is obsessed with MX and wants an orange bike but I know he isn't really ready for a 50sx yet, and I am not ready to pay for one so I've been thinking I should spray-paint the yellow plastics and turn em orange for the kid. 

Anyways, I weigh 160 pounds and my kids almost 40 lbs each and surprisingly the stock uncorked jr50 pulls me around the yard fine even with them on it but it is more than a little undersized for my 32" inseam lol. I'd like a bike that I can putt around on with them, but also fit me a bit better with firmer suspension and then eventually they could grow into it. I know when I was a kid starting out the TTR90 my little brother had was a blast. Now I see a DRZ70 on the market, the xr80 is long gone but Honda has a crf110 which looks like it could be the ticket.. Obviously Kawi has a 110 also but there is also a large selection of electric bikes and china made (SSR type) on the market as well.. 

I'd like to know what bikes you'd look at as an adult to suit both you and your young kids while you see how serious they are about riding in the future. My son loves motorcycles but is afraid of loud noises which is why I'm looking towards electrics or at least a hopefully quiet 4T. Not to mention, not pissing off the neighbors is cool too.

Honda xr/crf100 has a real clutch and will last forever.teach em the clutch .

Ds80 has a real clutch... And has the benefit of being a smoker.... And is about the same size physically as an xr100...