LED lighting question

While I was rebuilding my engine, I went ahead and installed an 85 watt Ricky stator so I could do some lighting upgrades if I wanted to. Unfortunately the previous owner had completely removed the original light, which is not really that big a deal because they suck anyway. I probably won't need the 85 watts, but it was only $75, so what the hell.

On our (mine and my kids') last several bikes I have installed a couple of 18 watt LED's (one spot and one flood) that are SUPER bright and work great. Problem is that all of those bikes (CRF250X, TTR250, TTR125, and KLX140) were all electric start, so they were already had a battery and were set up for 12 VDC lighting.

I'm sure that several of you have done this so correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I'm going to have to install a rectifier and at least a small battery pack to be able to run these LED lights on the KDX, right???

Looking forward to hearing some feedback on what you guys have done, where you got the parts, etc.......

Has anyone used the Trail Tech 8" race light? It says that it works on AC or DC and looks like it would be REALLY bright. It's not cheap, but it would eliminate the need for rectifier and/or a battery. So the eliminating the cost (and bulk) of a rectifier and battery would nearly offset the additional cost.