Best place to get super motor wheels/tires and what all do I need?

Made the decision that I will probably not off road my bike much, if at all.  Plus vibration kick off the side effects of my meds.  What is everyone using?  I'm not afraid to spend money, but don't want to go all out, just something decent.  Plus I know I will need to regear.  I already have a drspeedo (or whatever its called).  What about brake caliper brackets?  Or anyone selling used?

Just converted mine a month ago.  Warp 9 kit with mounted tires from MotoX.  I opted for a 110/70r17 front, 150/60r17 rear michelin Pilot power 2CTs, fixed 320mm rotor, Acerbis SUMO fender, gold rims, black hubs, standard chrome spokes.  Be sure to enter code FACEBOOK to get 5% off from MotoX, they are really quick to respond to questions, really cool to talk to if you pick up the phone, and they have the best price for a bolt-on package with mounted tires and included shipping.  Enter these tire sizes under comments, they fit just fine, and the rear is a bit smaller and lighter than the often reccomended 140-70r17, so it preserves the rake/trail a bit better.  A 110/70r17 front leaves just a hair bit of clearance on each side to the fork bodies, but doesn't rub when the suspension is compressed, and fits the wheel fine.  A 120/70r17 often rubs, and is larger/heavier than it needs to be.  The wheels are top notch, well made, all parts are included including spacers for a simple swap.  Be sure to grease the spacers and axles, run the front brake line outside of the fork, trim the chain guard and fork guards(I use tin snips and clean the edges up with sandpaper), use loc-tite and a torque wrench on the caliper bracket.  The Acerbis fender that is a $15 option with the kit is worth it, looks much more appropriate with the smaller wheel, looks "stock" as it matches the lines of the bike and even the red color, no more lift at higher speeds, just have to measure with the grid, and drill 4 holes to mount it up.

The smaller tires work out to about 2 more teeth worth of gearing on the rear sprocket compared to the stock tire, i went back up to 14-40, and it's great for the road and highway, helps keep cruising RPM down, I've topped out at 86MPH on the GPS(with stage 1 power mods), probably as tall as you can go without any ill effects.  The kit drops your front 2" and rear almost an inch, so the low seat height is even lower, but rake and trail take a hit, and potentially stability too.  I have the race tech suspension, front with spring kit has 50mm of sag, rear has 90mm, I dropped the back a little, and increased rebound dampening a little to dial in the suspension (ran 80mm for street/dirt on stock wheel/tires).  This helps preserve as much trail as possible, being the bike has a leading axle in front.  Under light braking into a corner, the steering is neutral, meaning countersteering to lean into a corner requires very little effort, and the bike basically holds the lean angle without any tendency to stand up, or lean further, it just barely starts to stand up when off of the brakes, and just a bit more when rolling on the throttle.  One bad habit some SUMOs have is to want to fall into a steeper lean in corners due to insufficient trail, mine doesn't but with a squishy stock front it could under braking.  Adding even just a spring kit to the front would be a good idea to keep the front end high and geometry friendly.  The brake kit really gives a lot more power to the front brake as expected, even the rear feels a bit stronger, still using stock pads on both.  I opted for a CRF250M kickstand from biker bits, it's about 1 1/4" shorter then the L stand, probably just right with stock suspension, a hair too short with RT suspension(perfect after adding an R&G foot), the stock stand is too long in either case.  When it's set up, brakes and tires scrubbed in, it handles FANTASTIC, turns really quick while being more stable at all speeds, no more knobby wander, it tracks like a laser, a LOT more grip onroad, and really easy to push hard.

20170715_112612.jpg

Edited by alucard0822
  • Like 1

The stock rear hub is about 6.5 inches while the front is about 4.5, I think it would be too wide to fit between the forks.

9 hours ago, SDSH said:

Hi can i use the stock rear rim for front?

How will it play?

47 minutes ago, Kompact said:

The stock rear hub is about 6.5 inches while the front is about 4.5, I think it would be too wide to fit between the forks.

I think SDSH is asking about the "Rim" only not the hub ... I do not know for sure but I do believe you can lace up the rear rim to a front hub. I ahve always liked the idea of running a pair of 18's for the flat tracker style of ride and since I do not seem to get off road much as of late I would like a flat tracker style better than a supermoto setup. 

hantonyc is the one who laced up an 18 up front but it looks as his pic's are removed. 

I found one ...  :banana:

11086025_430267657155040_2012539584_n_zp

Edited by gnath9
  • Like 2

On 7/21/2017 at 0:30 AM, SDSH said:

Hi can i use the stock rear rim for front?

How will it play?

Different spoke count,36 on the front 32 on the back. Just buy new hoops and spokes if you can do it yourself.

Could be fun provided it LOOKED like a flat tracker, but wasn't really setup like one. Most lower the bike and run 27x7x19s on both ends, sometimes a 27x7.5x19 on the back, converts over to about a 135/80 19, which is massive for a front tire, the idea being to keep maximum stability and traction, solid control for the front so they could use it to leverage the sliding rear end, and steer the bike.  On the road it would have very sluggish steering,  not much good on anyting but a flat track, but run something like a 100/90r19 with the stock 120/80r18, and it would have the same look, but better handling.  Could also go with something more like an adventure bike with a 110/80r19 in the front, and a 140/80r17 in the back, something like a Shinko 791, would lower the front and speed up handling while adding more onroad grip while keeping a decent ammount offroad.

• Like 1

I went with Warp9, and mounted the smallest (lightest) tires I could to keep the weight down. I also went with the 320mm front disk, and steel braided line up front with HH pads. I also ordered the 250M kickstand, as it's a direct swap.

20170702_172149.jpg

• Like 2

On 7/21/2017 at 9:59 PM, SDSH said:

I can't see the picture..

Says I need to update my a/c

Could you please post another one.

fneec5.jpg

11150176_437716293076843_3358361726123482278_n.jpg

Edited by gnath9
  • Like 1