DR-Z125L TO SMALL WHEEL

Hey guys,

So I recently purchased a drz125L for my wife, but it seems that the bike is a bit too tall for her. I tried messing with the spring preload as it was too stiff for her anyway and it didn't help much. I still have a little bit of adjustment but I don't think it is going to solve the issue. Anyways, I was wondering if anyone here has ever converted a "L" model to the regular small wheel model. Is it a simple case of changing out the wheels? Front rotor and back drum might be an issue as I have no idea what is different between the hubs/forks/ect between the two.  I want my wife to feel comfortable and right now its a stretch to say the least. Any insight would be appreciated. If anyone is looking to convert there 125 to L model, maybe we could work something out and exchange some parts?

ps: the bike is a 2007 DRZ125L

Thanks in advance,

Dan

It would be easier and cheaper to buy a lowering link and push the forks up 1" or 2 ", if that's not enough then look in to KLX110L rear shock spec's, and yes you can swap out complete wheel sets, just my 2 cents!

2003 <a href='https://thumpertalk.com/link/click/4688/' rel='nofollow' data-ipsHover-target='https://thumpertalk.com/index.php?app=autolink&module=links&controller=content&id=4688' data-ipsHover target='_blank' rel='noopener' data-autoLink>Suzuki</a> DR-Z 125L.jpg

Edited by Mike Moto

My advice to anyone in the situation is save yourself the work and hassle and sell the bike that doesn't work for you and buy the bike you want/need don't try to do all that swapping it's just not worth the effort . They make bikes in alot of sizes get another one just my opinion ....

Sent from my Moto G (4) using ThumperTalk mobile app

Thanks guys,

So as it turns out, the bike isn't as tall as I originally thought. I went all the way out on the preload on the rear spring, and with her boots she is almost flat footed. She still can't kickstart it herself, but I think taking the bike out for the first time really boosted her confidence. I did not measure the sag, but then again I am not so sure what the sag should be on this bike. The rear seems to barely move with her on it but with the rear preload all the way out it moves some, I would say closer to 1"-1.5" which sounds acceptable to me for such a small bike.

I still think that if someone wanted to trade wheels, that would be the way I will go so long as its a straight swap. Thanks for your comments and suggestions.