2000 cr250 won't start

Just recently traded my dvx400 for a 2000 cr250 that's just been rebuilt and ported. Whenever I went to test ride it it didn't want to open up and kept bogging but would fly when you finally got in the powerband. He said that it was running great the day before and never done that and has been trying to help me fix it. When I got back to my house it was doing the same thing and just won't clear up then fouls the plug. Then the next day I tried to ride it and it started then just bogged and died and I put in a new plug ( was br8es and I put in a br7eix) and it won't start and I'm worn out from trying to start it cause it has so much compression. I ordered new plugs(br8eg), air filter, exhaust packing and put in some new gas and I'll test that out when it gets here Monday. Is there anything else I should check out and try?

IMG_0129.JPG

Edited by jacobwebb236
Missing info

Just recently traded my dvx400 for a 2000 cr250 that's just been rebuilt and ported. Whenever I went to test ride it it didn't want to open up and kept bogging but would fly when you finally got in the powerband. He said that it was running great the day before and never done that and has been trying to help me fix it. When I got back to my house it was doing the same thing and just won't clear up then fouls the plug. Then the next day I tried to ride it and it started then just bogged and died and I put in a new plug ( was br8es and I put in a br7eix) and it won't start and I'm worn out from trying to start it cause it has so much compression. I ordered new plugs(br8eg), air filter, exhaust packing and put in some new gas and I'll test that out when it gets here Monday. Is there anything else I should check out and try?
IMG_0129.JPG.fd56301cd16ae33f3006bc8d1a06235b.JPG

Sounds like it could be your reeds & or jetting. I'd pull the reed cage & check the reeds 1st & you might as well check your jet sizes & float needle position while your in that section. Let me know what you found & I can help you from there. Also, what did your old plug look like when you pulled it out?
P.S.
Nice bike, here's mine....FB_IMG_1496015485835.jpg

Sounds like it could be your reeds & or jetting. I'd pull the reed cage & check the reeds 1st & you might as well check your jet sizes & float needle position while your in that section. Let me know what you found & I can help you from there. Also, what did your old plug look like when you pulled it out?
P.S.
Nice bike, here's mine....FB_IMG_1496015485835.jpg.6eafe9501a4d5b2d4d18f8e1a174832f.jpg

1496340722854.jpg20170514_015734.jpgFB_IMG_1496015547985.jpgFB_IMG_1496015125686.jpg

P.S.
Nice bike, here's mine....FB_IMG_1496015485835.jpg.6eafe9501a4d5b2d4d18f8e1a174832f.jpg

Love your bike man and it didn't look too bad just a little wet. I'll check out the reeds and carb in a day or two and let you know

Ha, great minds think alike:

imageproxy_(1).jpg.be61707fcad28c14f4b68df6c0f80c78.jpg
imageproxy_(2).jpg.57ee0b2f53a7eab56f2ffc835659b39d.jpg[/url

Hell yeah, I see & agree. Nice bike you have there. #Braaap #RidRed

FYI too you both, mine is a 2001 not a 2000. Just putting that out there.
I also see you upgraded your brakes as well. How do you like them compared to stock? Mine are 10x better! What all is done to yours? Mine has
I sent my cylinder/jug off to have it bored 5mm's to 285cc & ported & polished the direct injection ports, exhaust port & coolant ports as well as have the power valve shaved down to fit the new big bore with a 71mm piston. I then installed a new Hot Rod crank & polished all shift forks, gears, washers, shafts ex in the transmission to reduce friction, heat transfer & allow for smoother & easier shifting. Installed a Boyeson super cooler water pump kit, a complete Boyeson billet clutch kit (basket, outer hub, pressure plate, steels, fibers, springs & cover), Boyeson 5% larger by volume power valve cover with 10% volume increasing spacer increasing my power valve chamber volume by 15% over all giving the bike more off the bottom, V-FORCE3 reeds, Fatty pipe & power core2 silencer, jets, contoured rotors with oversized front, steel braided brake lines, Cycra 2015 front fender & #plate, anodized red titanium plastics fastener kit to reduce weight, gloss black powder coating on frame, swing arm & triple clamps, ALL new bearings & seals, vortex sprockets (13T front & 49T rear) tusk hubs, excel rims, oversized radiators, red silicone radiator hoses, yellow carb overflow hoses, oversized foot pegs, hour's meter, Boyeson billet ignition/stator cover & A LOT of anodized billet aluminum bolt on parts. Screenshot_2017-06-17-19-58-53.png20170312_121618.jpg20170312_121711.jpg20170407_213007.jpgtmpPhoto.jpgtmpPhoto.jpg

Sent from my SM-G360P using ThumperTalk mobile app

My motor was built by Eric Gorr top to bottom as a 265.  He used a Hot Rods crank kit.  He also did some tranny polishing and case porting along with the cylinder porting and head mods.  Runs awesome.  Forks are later model CRF, revalved front and rear by Enzo.  Hinson clutch basket with Rekluse auto clutch, V Force 3 reed valve, Fatty pipe and PC2 silencer, all bearing replaced on mine also including swing arm and linkage. Oversized front brakes with SS line, Left hand rear brake.  Bike is set up to be a woods rocket.

My motor was built by Eric Gorr top to bottom as a 265.  He used a Hot Rods crank kit.  He also did some tranny polishing and case porting along with the cylinder porting and head mods.  Runs awesome.  Forks are later model CRF, revalved front and rear by Enzo.  Hinson clutch basket with Rekluse auto clutch, V Force 3 reed valve, Fatty pipe and PC2 silencer, all bearing replaced on mine also including swing arm and linkage. Oversized front brakes with SS line, Left hand rear brake.  Bike is set up to be a woods rocket.

Oh yeah, my forks are off a 02 crf450r (that I had & parted out after blowing it up) with a 48lb spring replacing the 47lb stock spring & 15w oil instead of 5w oil to slow compression & increse rebound but they are nowhere near as stiff as the newer bikes are but my rear is stock. I've rebuilt both multiple times for I've had the bike since new. Anyways, how do you like that auto clutch & the rear brake being on the bars? It seems to me it would be hard to get used to & I'd miss the ability to feather the clutch when in low traction situations, to build RPM's to exit tight turns or turn around, hop over rocks & logs & lots more. I use my clutch for a lot of stuff & I mostly ride the woods these days myself & built my bike "mostly" for them as well. I guess it would definitely cut down on arm pump though.

I've been riding all my bikes this way for the last 10 years.  No problem hopping over logs and rocks, just have to be in the right gear.  It is different though, it took me a while to adjust to it.  

Also, I highly recommend you get the Boyeson super cooler water pump, oversized radiators, silicone hoses & use engine ice coolant if your not already. This combo keeps my bike right at 22 degrees cooler.

I've been riding all my bikes this way for the last 10 years.  No problem hopping over logs and rocks, just have to be in the right gear.  It is different though, it took me a while to adjust to it.  

You probably have to favor your lower gears right? Like 1st & 2nd when needing low end torque? Where as a regular clutched bike can hop over anything (within reason), take of fast, climb hills ex even if in a gear maybe 2 higher that needed to be able to just roll the trottle & it launch/pick up & build RPM's easily. As in I can simply be in say 3rd going high 1st low 2nd gear speed but simpl pull in the clutch, roll on the throttle a bit & drop the clutch & the bike will instantly give me any & all the power I need for whatever it was needed & or wanted for. I see what your saying, it makes since.

Take care of her & keep her right, tight, strong, reliable & pretty.

We'll guys found the problem, thanks for helping
IMG_0142.thumb.JPG.6a0bbff67230d1283467bc6c348795ee.JPG

Happy I could help & that you found it. If I were you, I'd go ahead & put a set of V-FORCE3 or Boyeson reeds & reed cage in it. You'll notice a big difference in your throttle response.

• Like 1