Ready to pull some hair

So I recently rebuilt my whole 1999 Rm125from the crank up and has been running great it has about 10hours on the motor..... The other day I ran out of gas on a 3 hour trail drive and as I ran out the bike revved up higher then I ever revved it on its own and I couldn't barely shut it off with the kill switch......

Went to start it the other day and turned the gas on and it started leaking out the over flow of the carb so I took it apart and adjusted the float by bending the tab and it ran good for a few seconds then revved up uncontrollably again....

I've checked the throttle cable it is not catching or sticking on anything

Carb throttle slide is not sticking

Please help

I'd check for play in flywheel side crank bearing or something with the crank seal. 

I adjusted the float and now it's not leaking out the overflow but now it's not getting gas to the float......

I also checked the intake boots and have no signs of cracks or leaks

Do you have gas going through the fuel on/off valve? There is a very small fuel filter hiding behind this valve, could it be clogged?

Now, one way to confirm gas is reaching the float bowl is to remove the 17mm drain bolt under the carb and check by slowly opening the fuel valve.

If you squirt gas in cylinder does it start? may already answered this sry if so :ride:

Edited by Motox367

If you bent it even a 1/16 in the wrong direction or too far, it'll run very lean and cause a high idle, like it's running out of gas(which it is) and cause problems like this. Go to manual and adjust appropriate and try again.

• Like 1