New huskies sub-frame

So i have a yamaha and have been contemplating a new bike to add to the collection. Have been really lookin into 1, a new bike. And 2, a Husky. And ive been really liking what I see with the new husqvarnas but The thing thats kept me on edge is a new composite subframe they added? i was looking at some bikes this last weekend and was hoping If i saw the composite subframe in person it would be better than I thought. But looking at it it seems like a little piece of cheap plastic that would snap if anything happened?. Definetly no cold weather riding either as it seems like it would shatter in the cold.. Anyway just wanted to see if anyone has a newer Husky and can give me pros/cons to the subframe strength? thanks (Looking at the enduro models if it means any)

Edited by fourfiftee

I have had zero real problems.. The back side of the airbox came partially detached from the subframe once during a REALLY hard crash. A little prying on the plastic and it popped right back in place. The only real downside is that your luggage carrying capacity may be limited. But this is a plated dirtbike, not a small adventure bike. No matter how hard we try, it's still a race and trail bike with lights and a horn attached.

21 minutes ago, fourfiftee said:

So i have a yamaha and have been contemplating a new bike to add to the collection. Have been really lookin into 1, a new bike. And 2, a Husky. And ive been really liking what I see with the new husqvarnas but The thing thats kept me on edge is a new composite subframe they added? i was looking at some bikes this last weekend and was hoping If i saw the composite subframe in person it would be better than I thought. But looking at it it seems like a little piece of cheap plastic that would snap if anything happened?. Definetly no cold weather riding either as it seems like it would shatter in the cold.. Anyway just wanted to see if anyone has a newer Husky and can give me pros/cons to the subframe strength? thanks (Looking at the enduro models if it means any)

I dumped off my Yamaha for my Huskies and never looked back. They're better in almost every way.

As for the composite subframes, they've been running them for several years and they haven't been an issue. Its nothing to worry about. As for the cold weather comment; pure nonsense. People are building snow bikes out of these things and not having any issues. Don't sweat it.

Good to hear that the composite subframe holds up, really excited to pick up a new bike. And as far as my knowledge goes KTM and Husqvarna 300's are quite similar, different components here and their such as suspension but ive heard they are almost twins. Just gotta flip a coin on 300xc or  a TE300 now ;)

15 hours ago, fourfiftee said:

Good to hear that the composite subframe holds up, really excited to pick up a new bike. And as far as my knowledge goes KTM and Husqvarna 300's are quite similar, different components here and their such as suspension but ive heard they are almost twins. Just gotta flip a coin on 300xc or  a TE300 now ;)

The XC and TX are identical except for the composite subframe, plastics and a couple smaller things. Keep in mind that they both come with air forks.

The TE comes with the spring Xplor forks and the shock has different settings. The suspension is extremely soft. 

I've been very impressed with my husky subframe. The older (2014-2016) subframe used to separate when the bike was dropped so you had to silicon and pop river it together but they have totally re designed it on the new model and its faultless.

In the U.K., the husky offers far better value for money than the ktm hence why I brought it. For me the only downside is the linkage rear suspension as opposed to pds on ktm but many people actually prefer linkage. I just think it's too easily damaged.