08 crf250 no spark

Hi people looking for a bit of help. My crf250r has no spark first of all the bottom end went. There was loads of copper through my engine and in amongst the stator the bike just cut out and before I realised the bottom end went there was no spark so that's the reason it died. Rebuilt the whole engine and thought my stator was knackered because of all the shit that was in amongst it so got another stator and still no spark. Then I got another second hand cdi, magneto and a coil plus a new plug and still nothing. Can't understand it as I have changed everything that can be changed,really annoyed. Also the kill switch is disconnected. Any ideas would be much appreciated. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Stefan robbo said:

Also the kill switch is disconnected. Any ideas would be much appreciated. 

On some bikes, this will not allow the bike to be started, the circuit will be broken.  I can't recall how the switch functions on your bike.

• Like 1

2008 crf250r - I too have a similar issue. Bike ran until it was impossible to start. Had Honda redo the valves, spings, seats, etc.. I did the piston and rings. Etc.
Put everything back together, didnt start. Check the plug for SPARK and nothing.
Got a multimeter- Didn't know how to use it- thought the stator was bad - got a used working stator - no spark.
Got a whole harness with coil and CDI, ICM (whatever it's called) complete -
I compared resistance with the multimeter with both my harness (old and new) had the same numbers. Check my stator vs the new - Same numbers. I checked everything! Both coils, plugs (old and brand new) same numbers.
Lastly I check the TPS in the carb - it's was like 460 something with I think is good compared to this youtuber with the same bike.
So I just now put everything back together, made sure everything was nice a firmly plugged.
Guess What? No SPARK.....
What in the hell is going on?
Please advise, I would like to pit 10 hours on this engine before selling it.
THANKS in advance.

On some bikes, this will not allow the bike to be started, the circuit will be broken.  I can't recall how the switch functions on your bike.

When I 1st got my bike it didn't have the actual kill SWITCH bottom attached, just to two wire things and my bike ran like that until I got a new kill SWITCH when the Bike was taken apart. Can't even test it cause, my bike won't start, this is so frustrating. I recorded everything I did, in case people have questions, I may post it.

No spark issues are frustrating. Sounds like you guys have done about everything. Did you run the length of connections and look for a wire possibly grounding out against frame/etc?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Force10 said:

No spark issues are frustrating. Sounds like you guys have done about everything. Did you run the length of connections and look for a wire possibly grounding out against frame/etc?

I believe i check the whole length, I replaced the whole wire harness with a really good used one. I guess i could wrap the wire in a few places but it did the same thing with both harness and I check all connections with a multi meter and (remember I have 2 of everything) both came up with the same readings from the spark plugs to the CDI to stator to the tps and the coil/spark plug cap. I am not a seasoned mechanic but I followed the instructions plus I have common sense being around bikes for 30 years.  I just don' know what to do anymore, Im debating to bring it to Honda and and have them charge me $300 to tell me " Blank was loose or something" Debating on just selling her for parts, but it' so hard to after the money and work put in, and now I cant even ride her for a few hours..  I just put her in the corner 😣 while I rebuild my Project Kx125.

** PLEASE IF YOU KNOW OF ANYTHING ELSE/SUGGESTIONS, LET ME KNOW!!!! I WILL SEND YOU A STARBUCKS GIFT CARD OR SOMETHING. 👍🤣

20180112_224246.jpg