98 wr 400 help

I got a 98 wr400. I've been battling with the carb for a week now. Its the stock keinen. I bought a rebuild kit because accelerator pump was shot. Replaced with new. Also replaced everything in the lower half of the carb. Jets float needle gaskets and o ring. I'm at 2500 ft elevation the air fuel screw is set to 1.5 turns to begin with. I've got spark  I've got a &%$#@! ton of compression and its getting gas to the engine. No matter how much i kick it over I can't get it to start. It will pop braap die sometimes. Any suggestions or advice?

Whats your jetting look like and is the motor timed correctly? 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, dnovack said:

Whats your jetting look like and is the motor timed correctly? 

Brand new jets I boughtarebuild kit and replaced everything I know how to. So pretty much bottom half of the carb where the bowl is has been completely rebuilt I haven't touched the upper part of carb idk what's inside

Edited by Owlflavoredyeti

17 hours ago, S.O.A.N.Z said:

check your valve clearances

Pretty sure its got a hot cam and hi comp piston would the cam make a difference on the clearance of the valves? Its got 5 valves. Its also got a fmf pipe on it I hear you have to change the fuel mix screw if u have aftermarket exhaust?

You have to put the major system back to factory specs:

Valve clearances

Jettting

etc.,

You have given us no information to go on.....when did the problem start, what jets, etc.

Have you cleared the cylinder after all that failed starting ?

Unknown when problem started I got bike from a friend not running. I don't have a manual to go off of for the specs but from the research I've done my jetting and carb is set to factory stock I believe. I'm currently looking into valve clearance and timing