2008 Cr450f shifting

Hey guys need some help , when I ride my bike and shift ,it shifts noticably harder then usual and when the bikes off and in neutral and I pull the clutch in and put it in gear it doesn't roll freely as it should does anyone know what I'll have to replace? Clutch plates possibly?

Sent from my Pixel using ThumperTalk mobile app

The clutch basket is probably all notched to death. When it's notched up, the plates cant float, so they drag making cycling through the transmission difficult when stopped.

The clutch basket is probably all notched to death. When it's notched up, the plates cant float, so they drag making cycling through the transmission difficult when stopped.

How should I fix that ? Just change oil ??

Hey guys need some help , when I ride my bike and shift ,it shifts noticably harder then usual and when the bikes off and in neutral and I pull the clutch in and put it in gear it doesn't roll freely as it should does anyone know what I'll have to replace? Clutch plates possibly?
So for double post the first one was on the Yz forum page sorry guys new to thumper talk

6 minutes ago, chickenturtle said:

How should I fix that ? Just change oil ??

Changing the oil isn't going to fix the clutch basket fingers being completely worn out. Notched to death. First thing you need to do is pull the clutch case cover (the inner one that has the water pump in it) and look at what kind of a disaster you really have going on.

Changing the oil isn't going to fix the clutch basket fingers being completely worn out. Notched to death. First thing you need to do is pull the clutch case cover (the inner one that has the water pump in it) and look at what kind of a disaster you really have going on.

Thanks!