Forked again . Forkner out this weekend

Seems like the last few years, Rookies have been getting wadded up.

Bring back the 125 2T class!

PC was smart to start him in MX and not toss him into the SX series.

Edited by Kev_XR
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, GBowman said:

You won't see him back for the Nationals.

Dam shame.  I was calling Forknor the next big thing.  I also  said the same thing about Zach Bell! :foul:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RMZ819 said:

Dam shame.  I was calling Forknor the next big thing.  I also  said the same thing about Zach Bell! :foul:

I thought he was going to do something for sure, but man nobody had any idea that it was going to end up the way it did for that kid. You know it's kind of weird when you think about it, all the fast kids that  come up over the past Maybe the past 4 years and none of them are set to be the next big thing.

If Roczen comes back healthy, he's going to be the next big thing for long time considering his age. Outside of him, who do you have 21 or younger that's going to be a big deal?  Ciancirrillo was on par to be the next big thing, but it will be a tough road now. 

• Like 4

How about Cameron McAdoo? He got the Gieco ride and I hardly see him. He seemed way racier over at Smart Top.

I am totally bummed for AC. He is searching for that fire but i don't think he is going to find it. Not sure what happened to Forkner or what he won't be back for outdoors means? What is going on?

There sure seems like a lot of attrition in this class, maybe 125s are not such a bad idea

Ever since Wilson, the next "big one" has taken "the big one".   I wonder if the AMA keeps a record of where riders are getting injured, so they can adapt the tracks before the wipe out the species, "Rookieus Motocrosserus". 

• Like 1

GBowman, it's been a hard year for PC due to bike failures.   Any word on what is killing the 250's?   PC's and other brands.  

Other than spinning at 14,000 rpm.

Edited by Kev_XR
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, GBowman said:

I thought he was going to do something for sure, but man nobody had any idea that it was going to end up the way it did for that kid. You know it's kind of weird when you think about it, all the fast kids that  come up over the past Maybe the past 4 years and none of them are set to be the next big thing.

If Roczen comes back healthy, he's going to be the next big thing for long time considering his age. Outside of him, who do you have 21 or younger that's going to be a big deal?  Ciancirrillo was on par to be the next big thing, but it will be a tough road now. 

Right now the most exciting Amatuer riders are all on 80's . Ryder DiFrancesco, Nick Romano, Matthew LeBlanc. Deegan is not far behind on a 65 right.  There is no buzz in the A or B  at LL's this year. That hasn't happend in while. 

Edited by RMZ819

Perhaps I should dust off the old Kawasaki green streek and head on over to Loretta's place....

I'm sure I could make a buzz...

Edited by daled

4 hours ago, RMZ819 said:

Bell racing with the OX team isn't a bad option. Not the funny money obviously but fun to watch.

Forkner needs to mature.  he is still very young, i wouldnt be surprised if he's winning in the next 1-2 years. 

5 hours ago, DylDog said:

Forkner needs to mature.  he is still very young, i wouldnt be surprised if he's winning in the next 1-2 years. 

Forknor regressed this year. He was right there last year. it looked like he was going to be the guy to beat.  He should be winning right now. 

You never know. Riding a PC bike right now with all their problems might be in his head. It is scary going that fast when you have to be thinking when and where is this bike going to take a shit. 

Decostor needs to put a  250F under his tent and go make a play for Forknor when his contract is up.

Edited by RMZ819

14 hours ago, RMZ819 said:

Right now the most exciting Amatuer riders are all on 80's . Ryder DiFrancesco, Nick Romano, Matthew LeBlanc. Deegan is not far behind on a 65 right.  There is no buzz in the A or B  at LL's this year. That hasn't happend in while. 

Ryder Difrancesco, Jett Reynolds and Stilez Robertson are going to be super good if they keep with their program. Jetts dad, Jeff was super fast as a teen with a ton of talent. They are all Bako kids from the neighborhood and I watch ride all the time. 

Edited by GBowman
  • Like 2

All of these kids are just speed daemons with no technical skill. 

Forkner has some skill though. I think he can still be good. I was surprised at his struggles this year but PC is a mess outdoors b

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GBowman said:

Ryder Difrancesco, Jett Reynolds and Stilez Robertson are going to be super good if they keep with their program. Jetts dad, Jeff was super fast as a teen with a ton of talent. They are all Bako kids from the neighborhood and I watch ride all the time. 

forgot about Reynolds.  This group might make motocross great again.

He is progressing

• Like 1

On 7/22/2017 at 0:59 AM, RMZ819 said:

Forknor regressed this year. He was right there last year. it looked like he was going to be the guy to beat.  He should be winning right now. 

You never know. Riding a PC bike right now with all their problems might be in his head. It is scary going that fast when you have to be thinking when and where is this bike going to take a shit. 

Decostor needs to put a  250F under his tent and go make a play for Forknor when his contract is up.

all part of maturing, we see it in all sports.  a young gun comes up does well at first then regresses.  forkner needs to refocus himself on racing not stupid IG posts.  no doubt the bike could be in the back of his head too.