2017 Sachs Shock Compression Issue?

Adjusting my suspension yesterday and might have found an issue?

While adjusting the high speed compression adjustment on the shock, I could only get it to click 9 times(from fully closed). And to get it fully closed was a pain in the ass(hard to turn). The manual states there should be a total of 18 compression clicks. 

Can anyone else confirm with a 2017 RR-S if they have the same issue? Perhaps the manual is wrong?

Thanks,

Neil

Never EVER  turn the clicker 'hard'.  It is very easy to damage. 

If it does not turn smoothly and evenly, with very shallow dentent clicks, there is something wrong with your shock. 

Remember, your are just rotating a long 'pin', which has a 'detent' system around it so you can regulate how far it moves. 

The detent system is somewhat fragile, and can bind up if abused.

• Like 2

Back out the low speed all the way (counter clockwise) then turn the high speed all the way in then back out to set it (count clicks) Then set the low speed tell us how many clicks you get on the high speed using this method. 

MM 

• Like 4

15 hours ago, MartyMOOSE said:

Back out the low speed all the way (counter clockwise) then turn the high speed all the way in then back out to set it (count clicks) Then set the low speed tell us how many clicks you get on the high speed using this method. 

MM 

Not sure what this did, but I have full range of the high speed compression knob again.

Thanks!

• Like 5