Trails around Winter Park

Looking to ride around the Winter Park area. I have a place to stay so I am looking for trails in the area. Please feel free to PM if they are secret spots, I wont tell. Just want to ride.

Go up Vasquez Creek Road.  There's a bunch of trails up that way.  There used to be a free map of all the trails that you could get in just about any bike/gear store in town.

The Phases are closed to motorcycles now. BLM shut it down last year. Open to mtn bikers and hikers. The closest significant riding areas are rand and wolford mtn (kremmling). Both about 45 mins from Winter Park.

Hey,

Haven't rode there for a decade but go to the trailhead on County Road 4 between Granby and Grand Lake. The USFS should have trail maps. A great trail system that has good loops and variety of difficulty. Lots closer than Kremmling.

If you have a weekend, make sure to hit the Grizzly-Helena trail near Walden. Just take extra gas. Experience talking there.

I miss those trails, I could ride from my house and ride for half a day never hitting the same trail.
Oh, and watch out for the Moose.

Sent from my XT1585 using ThumperTalk mobile app

Thanks for the feedback, next time I am in the area I will swing by the local shop to see if I can get some local feedback. 

The trails off county road 4 looks to be called Stillwater Pass, I will also go check that out as well.

Stillwater/Willow/Snyder creek. There is some singletrack south, (Gilsonite), but most is 2 track (sherman) or jeep road heading towards Granby. Illinois trail north of CR4 will drop you onto singletrack that crosses the continental divide and will tie to Rand, where there is much more singletrack on the west side of the highway. We need to do a day ride up there soon.