2014 250 xcf-w won't start

Only about 42 hrs.  I'm 2nd owner but I don't think PO did any engine mods.   It sputtered and died the other day & wouldn't start.  I've checked the fuses, replaced the fuel screen (it looked OK), replaced the plug (spark didn't seem steady and consistent),  seems like good spark from the plug wire.   I'm suspecting fuel issue, but I've tried a very small amount of starter fluid, & some gas & can't get more than a little sputter.   If I look down the intake with a flashlight while cranking I see a little mist for a second, then no more.  

I don't here the fuel pump running after I quit cranking, should I?   Suggestions?

I replaced the fuel pump, still no go.  The pump doesn't run after cranking, but if I kick it, it will run for a second then stop.  I'm thinking that its getting up to pressure right away & doesn't need to run anymore.   Plugged injector or ECU?

I cleaned the injector, still no start.  I did get some dirt out.

Now there's a blink code, none before.   2 blinks, the crankshaft position sensor.   Replaced it, now all is good.  It comes with the stator so it's too expensive.   I found a few others on the web, usually look like mine.   It looks like the plastic casing is deteriorating in the oil or heat.  In this thread some guy says that KTM says it's due to high oil level?:  http://husaberg.org/mechanical/22806-2014-fe250-crankshaft-position-sensor-fail-twice.html

Lessons learned:  The pump doesn't always run after cranking, I could here it when I kicked it tho.  Also, if I disconnected the quick connect right after cranking it was obvious that there was pressure. 

The lack of fire when spraying ether or gas in the intake never seemed right, but since I'd never done that on a modern fuel injected single cylinder I accepted it.   I think it should have and if I would have followed that thru I would have reached the end sooner.

Since the bike only has 40 hrs, I'm going to take the failed part to a dealer and see if KTM will replace it.

20170728_173814.jpg