YZ250 or CR125

Hey guys, I am posting this question here because of how active this forum is.  

I have the opportunity to purchase the following 2 bikes.  Now, I know this a YZ forum, so there will be some bias here...just want everyone's opinions on which one and why.

2007 CR125 VS 2005 YZ250

First off, I know you cant compare a 125 to a 250...but let me tell you what type of riding I do first.  Mostly trail/track riding, nothing competitive.  About once a month, we go to a local track and "practice"  

Here are the specs on the both bikes:

2007 CR125.  BONE Stock.  Only 15 hours on the bike, one owner, has title.  

2005 YZ250: Mods are as follows:
-Pro Circuit Factory Sound exhaust
-GYTR Off-Road flywheel
-Fastway handguards (best money can buy)
-Rear Tire: Bridgestone M204
-Front Tire: Bridgestone M203 - 90/100-21 (meatier than stock)
-Enzo Racing Suspension
-Gold Pro Taper chain

I am interested in the CR125 because it was the last year they made the bike.  I am also interested in the YZ for the rock solid platform and 250 power!  

Price is the exact same for both bikes!

What would you do??

Thanks in advance.

If it were me, I would go for the CR. IF it is showroom clean and not mangled up. Bling doesn't interest me. I prefer stock. Only 17 hours is hard to overlook. I have a friend that has 2 2007 CR 250s and they have been stone reliable! 

In your honest opinion, not counting the allure of aftermarket goodies, which bike is in better shape?

In most cases bling is overrated. 

• Like 1

Only 15 hours on the last CR 125, grab it. Have fun and don't look back. You can always get a YZ 250

How about that YZ 250 two-stroke forum! Not only active but unbiased!

• Like 4

Looks like 15 hrs since last rebuild. Back tire looks worn and graphics are after market.
Seat does not look worn so it has fewer hours then my dautters low hour 04.
250's were for the top pro's. I still like 125. It will handle awesome.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320AZ using ThumperTalk mobile app

I hunted down that ad. It looks like the rear subframe is bent or maybe just the fender has been tucked over in the barn. Either way I would take a good look at it as it appears to be a little miss leading on the ad. 

That is all. 

• Like 5

I hunted down that ad. It looks like the rear subframe is bent or maybe just the fender has been tucked over in the barn. Either way I would take a good look at it as it appears to be a little miss leading on the ad. 
That is all. 

Ha!

I asked about that. He said the rear fender is bent and has a red and black one, new, he is including them. I will look at the subframe.

He did say it has been sitting in his barn, collecting dust.
  • Like 1

After looking at the photo of the CR (which doesn't show enough detail really) I kinda get the impression that it might have been ridden hard and put up wet. Hard to tell. 

I would go over it very closely. That rear tire didn't get worn that much by sitting in the barn.

Just be careful, lot of good bikes out there, just takes a while sometimes to find the right one.

• Like 2

Look it over good, that doesn't look like any 15 hour Virgin to me. That 06 250 might be a nice bike!
Ha ha maybe were more biased then I thought ha ha

• Like 2

Sorry guys, my bad. Not 15 hours, but 15 times. He said 30 hours, maybe. It sits mostly, collecting dust. His sons rods it every once in a while.

• Like 1

Just now, TPA-MX said:

Which one?

I thought the 125.

The 06 250 was priced 300 under the 125 per the CL ad.

The 250 may be to far as it is in fort myer I think.

6 minutes ago, TPA-MX said:

I can't find that listing. Link?

Let me find it, I did that on my phone and it's dead, otherwise I would be texting you. Been sitting in my vehicle outside the doc office for my daugter for 3 hours. Home now... 

https://fortmyers.craigslist.org/chl/mcy/d/yamaha-yz/6169823832.html

Edited by P84ONE
Yes, she is fine except for slight namonia
  • Like 1

Let me find it, I did that on my phone and it's dead, otherwise I would be texting you. Been sitting in my vehicle outside the doc office for my daugter for 3 hours. Home now... 

https://fortmyers.craigslist.org/chl/mcy/d/yamaha-yz/6169823832.html

I have called him and text him with no replies, so I guess it's not available? I hate it when people don't take there ads down when they sell. It's not that hard!

Also, I am not paying any where near the asking price for the CR. What do you would be a good deal for that bike? Ballparkish.

• Like 1