Started the stroker crank reassembly process. Waiting on a new rod to arrive. When rechecking clearances, a 76.2mm stroker is certainly possible and will be in the next engine for sure.

IMG_1934.jpg

Edited by greenhuman
  • Like 6

By using a step pin, is is possible to lighten the crankshaft as much as a stock crank without requiring a rebalance after doing so.

Would you mind showing a photo of how the big end of the rod is modified for 3rd gear main shaft clearance with that stroke. Im pretty sure that many others may be interested in knowing about that aspect of what it takes to install a Stroker in a 230f?

• Like 1

I clearanced an old rod to check things out and I will post an image tomorrow.

Edited by greenhuman

That is very observant Baja! I just received this offset Pin from Greenhuman and it came with a split 2 piece bearing to allow the rod to be installed over the step. I can take a pic of the bearing later, but I don't have the rod yet.

• Like 1

The crank pin where it goes in crank half is smaller,then big end of rod. So thats how I think rod passes to off set. Correct me if Im wrong?

42 minutes ago, jeffrow68 said:

That is very observant Baja! I just received this offset Pin from Greenhuman and it came with a split 2 piece bearing to allow the rod to be installed over the step. I can take a pic of the bearing later, but I don't have the rod yet.

That would make for a nice video magic trick.

7 hours ago, jeffrow68 said:

Haha I got the rod but not the pin yet😂😂😂🍺

That would work for a 5spd 150f but not a 230f six speed... needs some additional whittling to get it done.
In fact the OEM center case gasket wont clear the big end of the rod on a 230f at 6mm.
And you say 8mm stroke will work on a 230f?
Yes it would with a 2mm smaller diameter crank pin....which is very possible in Oregon....

Won't work? Already is and spinning freely with the stock 6 speed with plenty of clearance. Going to a smaller pin, bearing and rod when you don't need to is a waste of time and reliability. I wish some of you blokes would have a little faith. In fact a 76mm stroker is next with the 6 speed.

IMG_0048.JPG

• Like 1

Not so in the three 6 speed 230f engines in my garage. It's not a problem of course but your photo is an example of what does work to clear third gear main shaft in an 05-older 150f. Just took a little extra, in a different location, in the 230 engines in my garage

Don't be so defensive Mr. Human. We ALL know that you have every necessary skill to make it work, obvoulsly! Chill. I enjoy learning from you and appreciate your sharing with everyone.

Ok. I am having trouble getting what you mean. This is a 6 speed crf230 engine with the 8mm stroker and this basic engine is imported from the U.S so should be no different from the ones in your garage. And don't be so formal. You can call me Green.

Edited by greenhuman
  • Like 1

Ok. I am having trouble getting what you mean. This is a 6 speed crf230 engine with the 8mm stroker and this basic engine is imported from the U.S so should be no different from the ones in your garage. And don't be so formal. You can call me Green.

Glad to hear that sir, good luck and enjoy the fact that yours came out differently (easier) than my personal experiences with the same issue(s)

Green human I'm  not sure . Trying to find someone to make me a strker crank. I was wanting to go +4 or 6 if someone can do it with reliability and not hitting the tranny

I was hoping to find a reasonable price to.

30 minutes ago, Majwoody said:

Green human I'm  not sure . Trying to find someone to make me a strker crank. I was wanting to go +4 or 6 if someone can do it with reliability and not hitting the tranny

I was hoping to find a reasonable price to.

You shouldn't add the :

"And I want it for cheap too"

its understandable to want something special / trick / esoteric for your setup.... But then to add to all that , that you want it all done for no real monetary reward for the person making the special part, or doing the custom work, is just sort of insulting....

Don't announce you want it all, except you don't want to pay the man making it all happen for you....

I didn't say I wanted it cheep just reasonable I'll pay for horsepower . And I do realize what crafty work goes into this type of special craftsmanship. Thanks though for setting me straight.

• Like 1