Rekluse for 17 kx450f?

I am looking at buying a clutch for my 450 which is a motocross I don't really ride track any more, mostly trails and woods, the bike stalls on the tight stuff and does not like low rpm's, so people are telling me to go with the rekluse radiuscx or the core3.0 there both auto clutches, I've done a little research but have not tried one. Looking for some feed back. THANKS

Sent from my SM-G950U using ThumperTalk mobile app

Lot of guys run the core3.0 i believe.  I found adding a tooth on the rear sprocket really helped me.  Look up Dave sibley on facebook. He is sales manager at power motosports. He rides with recluse all the time. They sell bikes with them already installed too.

I ride and race harescrambles and tight single track. I have a 3.0 and love it. Occasionally I still get a flame out, but for the most part I don't have to even use the clutch. I found using the stiffer springs in the Reckluse helps the stalling the best.

Sent from my XT1254 using ThumperTalk mobile app

On 2017-07-22 at 11:57 PM, Tbrush said:

I am looking at buying a clutch for my 450 which is a motocross I don't really ride track any more, mostly trails and woods, the bike stalls on the tight stuff and does not like low rpm's, so people are telling me to go with the rekluse radiuscx or the core3.0 there both auto clutches, I've done a little research but have not tried one. Looking for some feed back. THANKS

A VERY god thing is that now there are flywheelwheghts from steahly for all KX450 fuel injected models

Not sure but think it was 7 and 9 oz wheghts

I would go with thto radius cx if I were choosing between the two. The core exp 3.0 tames a lot of the power and feels like it always is slipping some. The Torq drive manual hooks up very well and makes the bike feel like it had more power (even over the stock clutch) due to how little it slips. I've ridden quite a bit with both on a 16 kx450. The radius cx is designed to incorporate the hook up of the Torq drive with the anti stall of the exp 3.0. 

Keep in mind the auto clutch always slips some and creates more heat in the engine. 

Fyi the rekluse core exp 3.0 eliminated the "stalling" but my bike flamed out a lot more with the auto clutch installed. The flame out went away when I went back to the manual clutch. I can't explain exactly why this is but I've seen this happen with several 350-450 four strokes in my area. 

• Like 1

On 7/25/2017 at 10:25 PM, Tbrush said:

Thanks, I put in the radius cx yesterday really cool clutch.

How are you liking it? I've got the exact same clutch on order and it should be arriving today so I will be installing it this weekend.

2 minutes ago, MotoHead said:

How are you liking it? I've got the exact same clutch on order and it should be arriving today so I will be installing it this weekend.

It's great, it makes the  power of a 450 more manageable on tight trails and hill, Never stalls,super smooth.

On 7/25/2017 at 7:25 PM, Tbrush said:

Thanks, I put in the radius cx yesterday really cool clutch.

Hi. I’ve got 15 kx. The main clutch nut has indentation from the factory that keep it from tightening onto the radius cx I’m trying to install. Did you have any advice 

Can you take a picture? I am not sure what you mean. You should be able to tighten the main nut down without issue. The instructions that come with the Rekluse are pretty straight forward as well so make sure you aren't skipping a step.