Will a CRF250x exhaust fit on a CRF250R

Hi, I was wondering if it's possible to put a crf250x exhaust on a crf250r. The reason is I need a quite exhaust for riding on a small property. And Are their any other products that will do the same (something as quite as a crf100f stock exhaust). Thanks

Edited by Luke Vanderburgh

What year is your CRF250R ?

If a 2004-05, a 250X exhaust should be a direct bolt-on,

from 2006-on (with the dual exhaust) I'm not sure.

I have a CRF250X with the stock muffler, somewhat quieter at lower rpms than a MX race bike

but quickly reminds you it's still a performance oriented engine at higher rpms.

Nowhere near as quiet a recreational bike like a CRF100, 230F etc.

You could try silencer inserts like dB Dawg etc.

Edited by mlatour

If you plan on riding trails & off-road only (no motocross tracks) then a CRF250R is likely not the bike for you

and a 250X better suited to begin with.          

Plusher suspension, quieter exhaust, wide-ratio gearbox, engine torquier at low rpms etc. all make a difference OFF the track.

Perhaps not as agile as an R due to it's weight but an X is still a lot of fun on a moderate level MX track as well. 

Edited by mlatour
  • Like 1

Ya IMO I have an 05R and have ridden some 05/06X's and its not so much quieting down the R, its making the R a reasonably good trail bike which you can do but you have to realize what you are getting into.

IMO to make a R a reasonably good trail bike - add a flywheel weight and something like 13/51 gearing and maybe an 18" rear tire, play with the suspension and I've done all of this. I really like my  bike in tight technical single track, then it can still rip BUT it is a race bike and now that I know what/where/how I like to ride, my next bike will be a more trail/enduro orientated bike.

The x is a bit heavier but electric start, 18" rear wheel etc etc and as @mlatour posted they can do moderate level MX.

Hope this helps :)

OMIMG_20160630_113408.jpg.4a469db445d680835b7003fe5fcf7282.jpg

Edited by filterx