Preparing the BIKE for extreme enduro

Hi everyone!

Will do my first extreme Enduro in 2 weeks, it's a 4 hours race in very difficult terrain.

I have never done this, nor seen it live.

How do I prepare the bike the best I can?

- Rear tyre golden 216x with soft mouse,

- Front tyre ?

What more can I do? Any god hacks ?

Ride the setting that you're most comfortable on. Unless you have ridden with a GT216 with a mousse, it's not going to help if you don't like the feel of it. No special hacks, no nothing... 

• Like 2

Thank You for a useless answer. Strange that there's no hacks, I've seen some kind of straps in the front and in the back, also that some people have energy gel on some special places etc.

I wanted some tips and how people usually equip and set up their bike for extrem Enduro, for me it's a big difference between Enduro and extreme E.

Bibs are a must in my opinion. Whether you are familiar with them or not you will have a better race if you don't get a flat and go home early.

Definitely need protection like full skid plate, rear disc guard, and pipe guard if your pipe isn't beat up already.

If it is going to be really muddy and sloppy, foam in the airbox vents will help keep water out. Radiator skins help keep mud from packing in them.

For bike setup, the gnarlier the conditions usually the softer people go on the clickers. I even run a little more sag to help get a foot planted in really technical rock/mud sections. 

Tug straps do help if you fall or get stuck.

Edited by EEE299
  • Like 1

You didn't tell what bike you plan to race but if was me I would do what EEE299 said before plus a fan on radiator and lower the bike 1".

• Like 1

Very Good tips! I Will be running on a Sherco SEF250.

I Will drill out My New technomusse for the rear tire. Should i also do it for the front?

I will also place an order today for linkage skid and rear break protector.

Interesting to lower the bike 1", does this mean that I should lower the crone on the front fork? And how do I lower it in the back?

Thank you!

On 7/24/2017 at 6:06 AM, thule_66 said:

Very Good tips! I Will be running on a Sherco SEF250.

I Will drill out My New technomusse for the rear tire. Should i also do it for the front?

I will also place an order today for linkage skid and rear break protector.

Interesting to lower the bike 1", does this mean that I should lower the crone on the front fork? And how do I lower it in the back?

Thank you!

Have you ever run a mousse before? There are substantial differences in feel with a mousse over a tube, and/or a drilled out mousse. Certain tires also work better or worse depending on them too... A GT216 has a lower profile knobbie vs something like a Michelin Starcross 5. 

Like I said, you are doing all these changes but haven't actually tested them, how do you think that's going to go?

Adding to whatever bike prep you are planning on doing, what are you doing for your body? Your nutrition? Are you lifting? Running? How many hours a week are you riding?

I ask because I might have a few races under my belt and can tell you making changes without substantial testing usually makes things worse...hence my comment about just riding a bike that your comfortable with...

• Like 3

And...will you need to follow a GPS? If yes, you need a good sturdy mount.

36119480212_6aa260f069.jpg

On July 23, 2017 at 10:44 AM, thule_66 said:

On July 23, 2017 at 10:44 AM, thule_66 said:

delete

Edited by dyrtmon

On July 23, 2017 at 10:48 AM, Monk said:

delete

Edited by dyrtmon