Need new pipe and silencer after accident

Well after the gnarly crash yesterday I will be needing a new pipe and new silencer I bent it all lol yes even the silencer pipe I creased. So I'm looking at FMF gnarly and pc2 or..... DEP enduro pipe and silencer. Any opinions???  The bike is a 2017 250x harescrambles.  I did have the gnarly on with the stock silencer but idk if I like it that much. I liked it but idk just didn't seem like it was a perfect fit for the engine of this bike, maybe I'm wrong. 

Edited by Hondaracer1318
  • Like 1

Pics or it didn't happen.   

:rolleyes: Sorry, couldn't resist.

How about some details? Any other damage on the bike?

What about stock pipe and silencer? From what I have heard (on this forum and another online article) the stock exhaust on the X is preferred.

From what I read the gnarly pipe wouldn't be great with the X.

Yamaha have adjusted cylinder head, timing and ignition and power valve timing to reduce the mid and smooth the transition into the top end of the rev range. And then you put a low to mid pipe on.

I'd probably go fatty or dep.

I have a 2006 with lowered compression, retarded ignition and a single ring piston that loves to rev. Great with a dep or a fatty and the stock pipes isn't far off. I reckon a gnarly would just work against everything yamaha have tried to achieve with the X motor.

Use to run gytr combo on my 250's after smashing stock ones up. Think they made by fmf tho probably same thing.  Power was good everywhere but mostly mid top where rode . Really liked stock pipe also worked good with mod engine.  Rode one with a gnarly one time man that pipe sucks I think but can see be good for woods I geuss.  That's the only pipe I could really tell a diferance.  Others pretty much all the same and don't do anything better than stock 

• Like 2

Buy the pro circuit pipe and silencer and tell me how it works on the x!  I have the same bike but I can't find a single review of the pro circuit pipe for it

I don't know if it matters where you ride, but DEP doesn't offer a silencer with spark arrestor. 

So..... results. I took off the flywheel weight 10.5 ozs roughly.  Went to a 172 main, 175 spooged way to much at the silencer joint.  Went back to the stock pipe and the bike ripped. That gnarly felt like it took away my power. Thinking of going DEP now. Since the stock is so beat up and dented and bent. 

Dep with the factory 304 silencer?  But the biggest question is has anyone ran a DEP pipe on the X?  DEP says they haven't r&d'd the bike and pipe. 

IMG_1310.JPG

IMG_1311.JPG

IMG_1325.JPG

IMG_1326.JPG

IMG_1327.JPG

IMG_1328.JPGStill sore massive black and blue all over my right leg. My right knee hurts still a lot. But funny thing is, when I ride like I did Thursday night the pain goes away till the next day lol. Riding is therapy lol. 

Edited by Hondaracer1318
  • Like 1

Jeeeeez! That thing is mangled! Glad you're okay!

What'd you hit?

1 hour ago, MaybeMe said:

Jeeeeez! That thing is mangled! Glad you're okay!

What'd you hit?

Hit a massive rock covered in grass saw it last second dodged right third gear wide open thought I missed it and the pipe took the hit. I flew 25 feet through the air like a rag doll. I was riding north then hit the rock when I got up the bike was facing south and I was 25 feet north of the bike lol. All I have to say is this PLEASE WEAR YOUR SAFETY GEAR OUT THERE. I was fully clothed boots and all, and knee pads. Helmet saved my head lol. 

I have a gnarly pipe with no dents in great shape it is just slightly tweaked so there is a 1/8 inch Gap at the bottom where it mounts to the cylinder so you have to tweak it back to make it seal all the way my bikes in 01 so if the pipe will fit you can have it for free because I just bought a brand new gnarly pipe

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, YZF1825 said:

I have a gnarly pipe with no dents in great shape it is just slightly tweaked so there is a 1/8 inch Gap at the bottom where it mounts to the cylinder so you have to tweak it back to make it seal all the way my bikes in 01 so if the pipe will fit you can have it for free because I just bought a brand new gnarly pipe

Thanks man but I think I'm going DEP route with the 304 silencer.