East Coast Trails

I am possibly taking a job in South Carolina. I have recently lived in Idaho and Colorado. Most amazing trails you can ever ride. I am wanting to know if there is any riding out that way within 2-3 hours of Greenville that is somewhat challenging and technical. I'm used to and addicted to really steep technical single track. Mostly 1-3 gear stuff. Anything else gets boring fast for me. 

• Like 1

theirs good riding down there. I'm sure its not as technical and hilly as Colorado but theirs a lot of singletrack and legal spots. I got fam in the south, ive ridden down there a few times. theirs a national enduro down there called sumter national enduro. its tight and sandy and I think the areas open year round. search it on youtube. 

• Like 1

Brushy Mountain in Taylorsville, NC has no shortage of technical singletrack. They are hosting a hard enduro this coming weekend as well. 

• Like 1

On 7/24/2017 at 0:59 AM, Grossboy88 said:

really steep technical single track. Mostly 1-3 gear stuff. Anything else gets boring fast for me. 

You might want to stay where you are at then. I'm recently an ex-Greenvilleian, and your lucky if you make friends with private property owners or pay to ride on privately owned mx tracks. Steep terrain is mostly going to be USFS land, and I used to drive to the closest one in Georgia to ride on one, which has been closed since 2012 due to erosion.

I wish I could stay. But unfortunately dirt biking doesn't take priority right now. Looks like there is still some fun stuff in NC, WV and around those areas which I don't mind driving to ride. 

You're not going to be able to come close to the stuff you're used to riding out here.  WV is going to have more to offer than NC, but the blue ridge mountains are hills compared to the rockys.  Not to say that the riding is terrible, but you live in the Mecca right now, so it's really all down hill from there.  

• Like 1

Yeah unfortunately that seems to be the case. That's ok though. I will have to live with it. I had a good 5-6 years of the best riding anyone can experience. Can't complain too much

Sounds like me a few years ago im from Colorado and moved to the Carolinas a few years ago and there are still plenty of riding opportunity within a couple hrs anywhere in the Carolinas , Tennessee, Virginia Georgia , and you can still ride in November ,almost year round really try that in Co !!and the garage is rarely too dang cold to wrench ! My biggest gripe would be riding in the summer humidity out here that is sticky icky . I recommend brushy or brown mountain but I'm still trying them all it's fun to ride new places . If you end up making the move and want to ride hit me up !

Sent from my Moto G (4) using ThumperTalk mobile app

I am in to the same stuff. I live in columbia, SC so hit me up if you make to SC. There is plenty off good stuff within a few hours of Greenville. Brushy Mountain, Brown Mountain and also one is my favorites is Highland Park Resort in Cedartown, GA. A longer trip to Hatfield and McCoy’s which we do as a group a couple of times a year. Some hairy stuff there.

I just

I just talked to a buddy that went a couple of weeks ago with his son and he said it is mostly all off Road trucks and jeeps. A lot of rock which is fine, but no bike only stuff. Another words most popular for off road vehicles.