Rear swing arm compatibility

So what I am trying to do is replace my broken rear swing arm on my 2014 Suzuki drz400s I'm looking into the used market what is compatible are the SM or the E the same did they change the S over the years what are the differences thanks for the help

If u change to an SM swinger (lol) the rear brake setup is different so you would need to look into that aspect. While the E model setup is close to your S setup (brake wise) it has no chain guard mount.

• Like 2

If u change to an SM swinger (lol) the rear brake setup is different so you would need to look into that aspect. While the E model setup is close to your S setup (brake wise) it has no chain guard mount.

Are all the s the same for the years

2 hours ago, sbmon said:

While the E model setup is close to your S setup (brake wise) it has no chain guard mount.

Interesting to know................:thumbsup:

2 hours ago, billyreilly1020 said:

Are all the s the same for the years

Yes. If they aren't identical, there are no significant changes and all year S swingarm will bolt right up.

• Like 1

I would like to See a pic posted of the broken one. Cause of failure?

• Like 1

I would like to See a pic posted of the broken one. Cause of failure?

IMG_1390.JPGIMG_1392.JPG
This is what broke the stud that got pushed over the and now I can't adjust my chain and the chain guard mounts got ripped off last year that's a good story for another time
  • Like 1

A good welder could easily fix that for you. They typically charge $80 an hour with a $20 minimum. Probably would only cost you the minimum and wouldn't even have to remove it from the bike.

• Like 1

A good welder could easily fix that for you. They typically charge $80 an hour with a $20 minimum. Probably would only cost you the minimum and wouldn't even have to remove it from the bike.

I have a welding shop I use but for aluminum it would be around $100 I just bought a new used one for $50 shipped the shop I use is a miracle worker with aluminum I can weld anything else