Out of state MSO?

I'm looking at picking up a bike from out of state with an MSO. What paperwork do I need to get it titled in my name in Washington? And, what can I do to make sure that it's titled as CYC and not ORV?

MSO is a federal document. It is not necessarily considered proof of ownership. You would need a copy of it (both sides) to ask the state how/if they would title it.

MSO(actual MSO they will not accept a copy) and bill of sale, go to dmv and get your title. 

Thanks, everyone. The seller is willing to provide a notarized BoS to go with the MSO, so I should be good. I'll make sure to get an odometer statement as well, as that might be the easy way to ensure that it's classified as a CYC when I title it here.

You have talked with the DMV and they have said it's OK?  In other words you aren't taking info from this site as the final word.

In MO, you would never get a title from an MSO that was assigned to someone else.

15 minutes ago, DaveCR said:

You have talked with the DMV and they have said it's OK?  In other words you aren't taking info from this site as the final word.

In MO, you would never get a title from an MSO that was assigned to someone else.

Fair point. I'll check in with a local office just to confirm.

12 hours ago, rancher1 said:

The MSO has room to be reassigned several times.

In MO, only from dealer to dealer; not between private sellers. YMMV