Clutch help!

Hey guys need some help , when I ride my bike (2008crf450) and shift ,it shifts noticably harder then usual and when the bikes off and in neutral and I pull the clutch in and put it in gear it doesn't roll freely as it should does anyone know what I'll have to replace? I took off the cover and found that it already had an aftermarket Barrett clutch basket and the plates seem to be in good condition any ideas ??

Sent from my Pixel using ThumperTalk mobile app

You need to check your clutch plate thicknesses for wear - visual inspection wont cut it

On 7/24/2017 at 11:24 AM, chickenturtle said:

Hey guys need some help , when I ride my bike (2008crf450) and shift ,it shifts noticably harder then usual and when the bikes off and in neutral and I pull the clutch in and put it in gear it doesn't roll freely as it should does anyone know what I'll have to replace? I took off the cover and found that it already had an aftermarket Barrett clutch basket and the plates seem to be in good condition any ideas ??

Sent from my Pixel using ThumperTalk mobile app

Is the bike cold when you go from neutral to in gear and try to push it?  If so, that's normal. I can go out right now and put my brother's new 250x in gear and it won't roll freely.  Since it's a wet clutch there is a sticking of the plates hot or cold.  Just less when the oil is hot and thin.

As said, regarding the clutch, check play, cable condition, basket and plates. Also, check the clutch inner hub, they get those grooves too and cause the clutch not to disengage.

Edited by HRC27