TTR90 - Tearing my hear out with this carb

This is a very common story: bought a secondhand TTR90 (third, fourthand??) but I did it the right way in that the first thing I did was buy a rebuild kit and completely go through it, replaced the spark plug.

If I pour gas into the carb, it will start and run easily for a few moments.  If I try and start it normally, nothing.  At all.

I think I have had this carb apart 15 times - I'm starting to freak out a little.

The float seems to be working as if I loosen the float bowl screw, fuel will leak out.  However it does seem to drip a bit out of the overflow.

Now that Im thinking about it, I'm not sure that I have run new fuel through the tank.  I noticed the fuel coming out yesterday was kind of an amber color so it sounds like I may have to go through an clean it again....

I'm open to any and all ideas including to praying to the petrol gods.  My Son is almost four and he is super excited about this bike and I just wanted to get it running so that we can putt around

2 hours ago, doubleARon87 said:

Check to make sure nothing is clogged and maybe check the float level to see if it's set right.

Will do - I have no choice but to go through it all again which isnt that big of a deal as it only take 4 minutes to get it off the bike.

I actually had it running for a bit but it just refuses to start now.....super frustrating.....

Check your petcock for clogging and can you see through the pilot if you hold it up to the light?  Has it ever ran right?

Its probably that your choke is not drawing up fuel. Take a stainless steel wire brush, pluck a bristle, and work it into the hole a bunch, along with carb cleaner.  I have got two TTR 125's going, and both needed that area cleaned as the fuel from the choke is drawn up through that itybitty passageway. 

• Like 2

That teeny tube is only for enrichment at starting, or a choke in incorrect street terms. They plug easily because they are so small.

• Like 1