RCH Closing doors at the end of 2017

According to a source close to the team, looks like they are closing their doors.  The team hoped to secure financing by July 1st, but looks like that didn't happen.  They don't want to leave riders and team members hanging like last year so they have given them permission to look for other employment.   

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Chris Cooksey said:

According to a source close to the team, looks like they are closing their doors.  The team hoped to secure financing by July 1st, but looks like that didn't happen.  They don't want to leave riders and team members hanging like last year so they have given them permission to look for other employment.   

Pretty sure they didn't want that out there, but you do what you do. 

• Like 2

That might explain why an unemployed rider would respond to an offer to ride an RCH bike with "no thanks"

• Like 1

Lighten up Bowman!  I think it's classy of the team to let everyone know, this gives team members and riders time to figure out something else in 2018.  Does suck that such a good team won't be in the pits any longer...

• Like 5

39 minutes ago, GBowman said:

Pretty sure they didn't want that out there, but you do what you do. 

Light'n up Francis.

• Like 4

I hope Bogle and Tickle get picked up by other teams; they both had some pretty good rides this year.

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, Mongo134 said:

One thing is for sure, RCH Suzuki is/was a hell of a lot more successful than JGR Suzuki. Sounds like Zuke is throwing their money at the loser team. But that is Zukes way.

JGR probably has much deeper pockets and hooks into all kinds of business relationships that RCH could not match (just guessing as I am too lazy to dig around for facts). So Zuke is probably jumping in with the winner team when it comes to business. RCH not being able to secure financing isn't a ringing endorsement of the brand on the part of investors/sponsors/bankers AFAIK. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, BLSJDS said:

I hope Bogle and Tickle get picked up by other teams; they both had some pretty good rides this year.

Pretty sure Tickle is going to RedBull KTM.  With the money they saved on Dungey and Canard, maybe they could bring them both on...

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Chris Cooksey said:

Pretty sure Tickle is going to RedBull KTM.  With the money they saved on Dungey and Canard, maybe they could bring them both on...

KTM doesn't normally sign non title contenders.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Chris Cooksey said:

Lighten up Bowman!  I think it's classy of the team to let everyone know, this gives team members and riders time to figure out something else in 2018.  Does suck that such a good team won't be in the pits any longer...

True but was everybody notified before? Hate to find out I lost my job on TT.

Having Carmichael in the sport as a team owner was cool. The Suzuki MX bikes have had some good moments this year, but overall how interested is Suzuki in dirt bikes? I'd say not much.

Recently I asked a friend that works at Kawasaki corporate what's selling. He said side by sides is the strong segment for Kawi these days. More than dirt bikes. More than street bikes. I thought this was interesting.

I don't pay much attention the Suzuki, but I bet they move the fewest dirt bikes of all six of the major brands. But I do have friends that still love their 15 year old DRZ dualsports.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, portlandcsc said:

True but was everybody notified before? Hate to find out I lost my job on TT.

This is breaking news. Important stuff. Hardly a job losing offense. Promotion material!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GoRide2 said:

Don't mind Gary. He doesn't like getting out scooped

Do you seriously think that? I dont care who post what, but when youre asked to keep it to yourself you do. Especially if the team isnt for sure done. 

Plus their break up is more to do with conflicting personalities than money. 

Edited by GBowman
  • Like 4

14 minutes ago, GBowman said:

Plus their break up is more to do with conflicting personalities than money. 

They should have been better at sucking up to Roczen and throwing rose petals at the ground everywhere he went.  

• Like 2