Any later model fork guards fit a 00 yz250?

Updating the look of my yz250 while i rebuild it, any other fork guards that will bolt straight up? I find the factory ones a bit square a bland. If not il just run factory ones, but thought id ask :)

Nice!! Thats what im after.... question though, does the honda brake caliper setup have to be run? 

5 hours ago, Wilksy said:

Nice!! Thats what im after.... question though, does the honda brake caliper setup have to be run? 

Just the brake line. The original is to long, so get a CR style, or one off a later model WR450

6 hours ago, CaptDan said:

No late-model OEM fork guards will fit, but these are a welcome alternative;

http://www.lightspeedcarbon.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=141-17064

Do a TT search for Lightspeed plastic fork guards and you'll find lots of info on the swap. :thumbsup:

Or search my resto thread. Haha

Edited by P84ONE

Lightspeed fork guards run "CR-Style" brakeline routing which is a very good thing. The parts below will make the complete swap. Nothing else needs to be changed.

- LightSpeed plastic fork guards: http://www.lightspee...tCode=141-17064

- 2 Yamaha upper fork protectors (to keep the upper legs from getting gouged by the lower guards):
p/n 1C3-2314F-M0-00 .  These look sleek & clean but are pricy. The old-style stockers can be trimmed to work as well (ask Gary).

- 1 Yamaha 2006 YZ front brake line (just about any newer brakeline will work -- even Honda!):
p/n 1C3-25872-50-00

- 1 Yamaha YZ brake cable clamp (two pieces):
p/n 17D-23466-00-00 & 17D-23467-00-00

- 2005 to 2007 YZ fork graphics (may require a little trimming).

Good luck, and keep us updated with what you do. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Went to purchase the fork guards and they want 50usd to post to aus!! More than the forks. Thats just ruined it for me, ive had much larger parcels posted from the us for much less :/ 

Any other places to purchase from other than direct? 

3 minutes ago, Wilksy said:

No plastic versions.. only the carbon 

Yah, thats what I thought. 

See if you can find out what post is from me. 92676 or 92865, I can buy lightspeed from their door as they are not that far away an I am going to get a few sets. Last I talked to them, he is not going to make anymore after his run is out. The Carbons he will keep making as there is $$ in them, just not the white plastic ones. 

• Like 1

What us postal service is good to use? Tryinh to use the aus post 1 isnt working as can only quote sending from aus haha. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Wilksy said:

Went to purchase the fork guards and they want 50usd to post to aus!! More than the forks. Thats just ruined it for me..

Ouch! That stinks.

8 hours ago, P84ONE said:

...I can buy lightspeed from their door... Last I talked to them, he is not going to make anymore after his run is out.

That REALLY stinks! I may buy a set just in case the rebuild/restore desire strikes again.

Gary, I'll pitch in to help Wilksy get those fork guards; just PM me. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Appreciate all the help guys, this site has been a godsend for information a help from good people!! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Wilksy said:

Appreciate all the help guys, this site has been a godsend for information a help from good people!! 

Well, at least some are appreciative to the help. 

:lol: You probabaly have seen the thread "torque specs". 

4 hours ago, CaptDan said:

Ouch! That stinks.

That REALLY stinks! I may buy a set just in case the rebuild/restore desire strikes again.

Gary, I'll pitch in to help Wilksy get those fork guards; just PM me. :thumbsup:

If they want big $$ for you also, I'll pick up 4 sets and mail you one also. 

I still have your address. :thumbsup:

10 hours ago, Wilksy said:

What us postal service is good to use? Tryinh to use the aus post 1 isnt working as can only quote sending from aus haha. 

Try any but use my Zip coad USA 92865 is down town. I'm retired, I can walk to my post office and ask them "me to you", but I need to know your info. PM me you exacts. 

• Like 1