2 Stroke Bogging

When I start my 2000 KX85 it revs really high, once I let it die down to normal idle I put the choke on and give it small revs but every now and then will bog when I rev it. I run a 40:1 ration and have a BR10EG plug in it. Can someone please tell me why bike bogs like this and what I need to do, it does it sometimes while even warmed up.

I think the heat range on your plug is wrong for one thing.  I know the kx85 calls for some crazy expensive plug, but you can use a br8eg instead that is much cheaper.  I'd start with that. 

Not really following you!

So you start it with out the choke, then when it idles normal, you are turning the choke on?

Ah, why?

If it starts when cold with out the choke, it is probably jetted rich.

Hey guys, I have a 2000 KX80 that takes about 5-10 kicks to start sometimes. When it does start with the choke on it idles really high but when it reaches down to normal idle I shut the choke off and if I dont rev it itll die out, but while I give it them small revs it bogs even when warmed up. I run a 40:1 fuel ration and run a br10eg spark plug but I dont believe it is the plug as I have tried numerous ones and it still does it. Can someone please help?!

How's the compression on it? When's the last time a top end was done?

What's the carb jetted for right now? Also, your float level?

Edited by MaybeMe

Low speed circuit in the carb is most likely gummed up.

^^^^^^^^^

As he said!

Pilot jet probably plugged!

Get the right plug too

Compression test never hurts