Oil cr 250

20170724_095330.thumb.jpg.2df6b8d4d9395825b88e75d099d1524b.jpg can i use this in my 98 cr250

Sent from my LGMP450 using ThumperTalk mobile app

You should only run oil meant for wet clutch applications! Most brands sell a motorcycle oil meant for wet clutches. Normal engine oils have friction modifying additives that can/will cause problems with the special material used in the clutch plates. This is why the shop manuals stress the importance of using an oil meant for wet clutches. And you don't have to buy the expensive stuff. I run Lucas 10w40 and my clutch has lasted me many years and is still going strong and I abuse the shit out of it trying to be like Graham Jarvis hahaha.
  • Like 1

So are you saying this oil is no good cause i plan on changing it 2marrow go going for a nice ride alday 2 marrow

Correct. That's motor oil not motorcycle oil. I know there is a ton of debate about this topic and people using car transmission oil in their bikes but none of these are designed to work with the friction material your clutch plates are made of.

I would try calling around to some parts stores or shops to see what you can find that meets the standards listed on the bottle in the pic I posted. That's what your manual would say.

• Like 1

Screenshot_2017-07-25-20-29-33.thumb.png.0058edd6b4ff37476cc78c7081f5ec4d.png i can have this delivered to my shop

I can get this / but the guy who fix my bike said I don't even need to change the oil nor the spark plug I just want to stay on top of things or at least have things in order for the next time when I do need to

I would try calling around to some parts stores or shops to see what you can find that meets the standards listed on the bottle in the pic I posted. That's what your manual would say.

Right if I was near the power parts store I will grab with the store suggested but I'm not and I want to ride tomorrow I want to grab the best thing closest to but my bike is at my shop and I could have Advance Auto Parts deliver certain things to the store spark plugs oil and other General parts

• Like 1

I can't read the label but it might be better than car motor oil. Some 4 strokes have separate engine oil and trans compartments so they can run actual motor oil for the motor and wet clutch-trans oil for the trans

Definitely don't use the 80w90. I wouldn't put the penzoil in either, if you can wait a little longer before changing your oil then I'd wait and get the right stuff. Just my thoughts.
How long ago was it changed last? Estimated hours.