There are 2 that I know of. Both are mountain bikes with motors and look amazing.

http://www.fxbikes.com/

https://motoped.com/pro/

That FX bike seems more of an actual dirt bike, but both at sold with an auto clutch. I have read that both can be outfitted with manual clutches though and you can take off the pedals on the MotoPed.

Have anyone ridden any of these? Thoughts?

motoped.jpg

fxbikes.jpg

The FX looks like a trials bike and nice quality.

Not so sure about the MotoPed...

Buy a real motorcycle...   :rolleyes:

300cc 2 stroke, 148#'s and it will take you incredible places, places most dirt bikes can't go.  Beta 300 Evo Sport for the win.    :prof:

EVo2t.2017.SPORT__7.png

• Like 4

yeah a trials bike is about as light as you can get without destruction....

also those forks are monster T marzocci, they don't make those any more, and they were garbage on mtbs.

I've got a Motoped that I built for my wife as she was extremely intimidated by the weight and size of a standard motorcycle.  I used a Pitster 110 semi auto for the engine and have spent a fair amount of time on it.  All said, the Motoped is a riot to ride for short jaunts, but it is not a true replacement for my FE350.  I certainly wouldn't take it on an all day ride in the mountains, and it doesn't like sand.  If you can appreciate it for what it is, a heavy mountain bike with 8HP, then you can have a great time.  

• Like 1

KTM freeride 250r.  201 lbs.  I'm digging this funky bike. 

ktm_freeride.jpg

Edited by ninjabones

I ride observed trials on a Gas Gas 250.  In observed trials they'll often tie the observed sections together with single track trail with the intention of adding an element of endurance and fatigue.  One of the competitions I attend is on the property of an Enduro club, so the single track is quite challenging.  I have a riot riding my trials bike through it.  I'm amazed at how well it does.  I'm very tempted to do an enduro on it.  

Doc