Africa twin vs 1200 GSA

So I have decided these two bikes made the final cut. I Like the KTM 1290 super adv. but I don't need 160 hp and don't think it is as good off road as the AT and the GSA. So please, anyone with experience on one or both please give me your two cents!! Also thoughts on the AT with DCT vs manual clutch would be appreciated.

Thanks!!'n

I have yet to talk to someone who doesn't love their AT more then their family. From the user reviews I've watched and read it seems like it would do better off road then the 1290, that alone would seal the deal for me. 

I ran into a guy a week or so ago who just got back from a 4 week adventure on his AT and he said it was really comfortable and the bike was extremely capable for its size.

Also, it's a Honda = long service intervals and bulletproof.

I was also considering these 2 bikes , along with the 1090 adventure . The BMW is really nice , I just cant bring myself to pay that much . As much as I like the AT and the new 1090 , they don't have cornering abs . If I am going to buy a new bike I want the latest electronics , I can always turn off the "nannies ". They are all great bikes and its hard to make a bad choice . I went to Alaska a few weeks ago and rented a GS800 , I wanted the AT but it was already taken . The GS800 was nice but didn't really light my fire . As far as the DCT goes I have a few thoughts . Every test I see praises the DCT . Adds a little more weight and possibly reduces straight line performance a bit . In the end I decided to get the manual model if I went AT . I don't think I would ride much in really difficult terrain to need the DCT . On the roads and dirt road stuff I want to shift and use the clutch , more fun . Good luck .

• Like 1