770 (South Platte East) in need of some chainsaw work

If anyone has a chainsaw the section of 770 between 650 and 677 could definitely use a bit of clean-up, unfortunately a lot of under-skilled riders are riding around the downed trees instead of over them. Rough GPS coords are: 39.24340N 105.14677W
If you need help let me know when you plan to be up there, I'll gladly help out

8 hours ago, TE300 said:

...unfortunately a lot of under-skilled riders are riding around the downed trees instead of over them.

That kind of crap is what gets stuff closed.  If you see idiots doing that don't just let them get away with it.  Try to be diplomatic, but they need to be informed.

• Like 1

I would definitely say something if I saw the riders making "new trails" I usually ride weekdays now to avoid the crowds. 

If anyone has a chainsaw the section of 770 between 650 and 677 could definitely use a bit of clean-up, unfortunately a lot of under-skilled riders are riding around the downed trees instead of over them. Rough GPS coords are: 39.24340N 105.14677W
If you need help let me know when you plan to be up there, I'll gladly help out

Same here. I'll help out too.

Side-Burn, that is the general area, the intersection of 650/770 you would need to go West on 770 past Turtle Mountain and a few miles in there about a half dozen trees across the trail as of 24 July 2017, we (as a community) need to get in there and clean it up before the Forest Service sees it, they are going to be pissed if they see what some of the trail riders have done to avoid fallen trees

There is a work party on 8/6 and I plan on going. Hopefully we can get it taken care of. I can meet there this Saturday if someone has a saw.

Get the word to RRMMC via FB or at Fay Myers. I'm sure they'll get it addressed ASAP. Rodzilla would likely know whom to contact.

Why is it that "We as a Community" equates to the same 5 or 6 guys in a region that get in and clear trails?

Not sure man. I love riding too much not to put the work in to keep the trails clear and taken care of.
Why is it that "We as a Community" equates to the same 5 or 6 guys in a region that get in and clear trails?

Not sure man. I love riding too much not to put the work in to keep the trails clear and taken care of.
  • Like 1

on a slightly different topic...whomever cleared the nearly 200 freshly dropped trees this year on the St Charles trail down in Rye is a team of saints...that place is one of my favorites!