Kennedy Meadows reopened 7/23

I read on the District 37 website that KM reopened 7/23. There was no more detail concerning what trails are open/closed. Maybe someone here knows?

• Like 1

i want to get a group of numbskulls up there in August.
is Troy overflow open anymore?
it's been maybe 3 years since i've stayed at Troy overflow.
or i'm down with Bonita Meadows staging area.

i want to get a group of numbskulls up there in August.
is Troy overflow open anymore?
it's been maybe 3 years since i've stayed at Troy overflow.
or i'm down with Bonita Meadows staging area.

Let's stage in kern. The day hours are long.
  • Like 2

Let's stage in kern. The day hours are long.

i wanna see some suffering on the Hill Of Doom!

i wanna see some suffering on the Hill Of Doom!

Pretty sure creme and I can get you there

Pretty sure creme and I can get you there

creme?

Erik, the sheep. Beta boy

Erik likes to suffer. on a Beta.

H.O.D. then i have some more suffering off of Rattlesnake
  • Like 1

Erik likes to suffer. on a Beta.

H.O.D. then i have some more suffering off of Rattlesnake

Erik is the riddlers daddy. She loves suffering so much she wouldn't even run a m5b after she learned.

I'd like to see the rattle snake excursion. So you think we should stage at Bonita?
  • Like 1

Would be great to know what trails are open . . . hoping to go back on Sunday . . . would like to do the western trails, but they were closed when we were up there July 4th, and with the fire, I wonder if any trail clearing got done.

Erik is the riddlers daddy. She loves suffering so much she wouldn't even run a m5b after she learned.

I'd like to see the rattle snake excursion. So you think we should stage at Bonita?

true story: i rat fvcked me and my ADV riding buddy somewhere in the vicinity of Rattlesnake 2 years ago... he's old and told me about all these old trails that were badass back in the day... i got a huge boner and we searched for Animal Chin and found it!!!
but then we were both fvcked because we couldn't make it past a million downed trees.
so we tried to take the trail back the way we came... well .......

we couldn't make it back up this fvcking hill we had gone down... the one i said "here's the point of no return!!!!!" ...super soft and silty and no traction.
then we both ran out of water and the sun is setting behind the mountain..... then i'm determined to get up this damn hill... i get pretty far but look back and my elderly riding buddy is keeled over his bars and panting.....
i park my ride, walk down to him and ride his bike up a few feet... but his 10 year old 525 feels like a thousand pounds compared to my 500... he tries to assist but keeps falling over (it's steep and grown over).... so we make the decision to cross the Kern River and ride the hiking trail out.... luckily 2 years ago was an all time driest year in CA so we actually just rode through the river with no problems.... we are riding this hiking trail and riding then get accosted by these two hikers whom are camping nearby.... i tell them we're on a life saving mission to get back to our trucks at Bonita which we knew would take hours... and we're out of water (i'm not drinking Kern River water) the hikers understood our dilemma and gave us purified water and warn us about a couple of fvcked up spots on the hiking trail (a couple huge downed trees and a crazy washed out steep downhill/uphill)... we ride on... i almost literally flipped into the Kern from this wash out hill because a babyhead rock rolled with my rear wheel and pushed me to the edge over looking the cliff over the Kern.... after that stunt i'm riding like a granny ... then it gets dark... pitch black... i have a Baja Designs headlight so i can see the hiking trail but that's it.... then 3 hikers walk up to us as they're walking opposite our path... 2 of them are college girls in bikini tops and shorts and are high AF and the dude was like hey cool bikes bro while this girl who's super high touches me and says "this feels amazing!" as she's tripping out ( i can't make this shit up)... we move on and are super afraid of the ranger station at the end (well actually the beginning) of this trail... we get there and creep by in a high gear and we aren't seen or heard!!!!!!
we ride pavement for about an hour or more and barely make it to Sherman Pass road and we run out of gas .... we tilt our bikes over for the last drop of gas ... we have to ride into Kernville to get gas.... we make it to Kernville around 10PM on a Sunday night, nothing is open, but the gas pumps work with a credit card... i buy a soda from the vending machine and down it in seconds then my riding buddy says he's getting a motel room for the night... i tell him i need to get to the trucks and get home before Monday morning (4 ½ hour drive from KM) so i ride to the trucks solo after the most &%$#@!ed up day riding thinking what if i break down or get killed by a serial killer .. but i survived and i'm here to talk about it.

so yeah, i need to go back and conquer that shit.

bring your Snoopy sleeping bag, you may need it.
  • Like 8

true story: i rat fvcked me and my ADV riding buddy somewhere in the vicinity of Rattlesnake 2 years ago... he's old and told me about all these old trails that were badass back in the day... i got a huge boner and we searched for Animal Chin and found it!!!
but then we were both fvcked because we couldn't make it past a million downed trees.
so we tried to take the trail back the way we came... well .......

we couldn't make it back up this fvcking hill we had gone down... the one i said "here's the point of no return!!!!!" ...super soft and silty and no traction.
then we both ran out of water and the sun is setting behind the mountain..... then i'm determined to get up this damn hill... i get pretty far but look back and my elderly riding buddy is keeled over his bars and panting.....
i park my ride, walk down to him and ride his bike up a few feet... but his 10 year old 525 feels like a thousand pounds compared to my 500... he tries to assist but keeps falling over (it's steep and grown over).... so we make the decision to cross the Kern River and ride the hiking trail out.... luckily 2 years ago was an all time driest year in CA so we actually just rode through the river with no problems.... we are riding this hiking trail and riding then get accosted by these two hikers whom are camping nearby.... i tell them we're on a life saving mission to get back to our trucks at Bonita which we knew would take hours... and we're out of water (i'm not drinking Kern River water) the hikers understood our dilemma and gave us purified water and warn us about a couple of fvcked up spots on the hiking trail (a couple huge downed trees and a crazy washed out steep downhill/uphill)... we ride on... i almost literally flipped into the Kern from this wash out hill because a babyhead rock rolled with my rear wheel and pushed me to the edge over looking the cliff over the Kern.... after that stunt i'm riding like a granny ... then it gets dark... pitch black... i have a Baja Designs headlight so i can see the hiking trail but that's it.... then 3 hikers walk up to us as they're walking opposite our path... 2 of them are college girls in bikini tops and shorts and are high AF and the dude was like hey cool bikes bro while this girl who's super high touches me and says "this feels amazing!" as she's tripping out ( i can't make this shit up)... we move on and are super afraid of the ranger station at the end (well actually the beginning) of this trail... we get there and creep by in a high gear and we aren't seen or heard!!!!!!
we ride pavement for about an hour or more and barely make it to Sherman Pass road and we run out of gas .... we tilt our bikes over for the last drop of gas ... we have to ride into Kernville to get gas.... we make it to Kernville around 10PM on a Sunday night, nothing is open, but the gas pumps work with a credit card... i buy a soda from the vending machine and down it in seconds then my riding buddy says he's getting a motel room for the night... i tell him i need to get to the trucks and get home before Monday morning (4 ½ hour drive from KM) so i ride to the trucks solo after the most &%$#@!ed up day riding thinking what if i break down or get killed by a serial killer .. but i survived and i'm here to talk about it.

so yeah, i need to go back and conquer that shit.

bring your Snoopy sleeping bag, you may need it.

That was the best rant/story I ever heard. I still can't believe you left the hippi chicks
  • Like 2

That was the best rant/story I ever heard. I still can't believe you left the hippi chicks

one was asian or half asian (the one touching me) and the other was white both hot.
we said later, what was that guy doing with 2 hot, high chicks?! ohhhhhhhh yeah! hahah
we were so far into our own heads about survival (and we were) that even a hot girl didn't snap us out of our mission.
  • Like 1

one was asian or half asian (the one touching me) and the other was white both hot.
we said later, what was that guy doing with 2 hot, high chicks?! ohhhhhhhh yeah! hahah
we were so far into our own heads about survival (and we were) that even a hot girl didn't snap us out of our mission.

I'll bring a bag of peanuts, we should be good for 3 days
  • Like 2

I'll bring a bag of peanuts, we should be good for 3 days

And a life straw!!! Shitty day for you but what a great story. I left two 450 X Hondas at the bottom of rattlesnake last year. Nothing compared to your story, no hippie chicks.
  • Like 1

Tried to make a loop out of rincon to rattlesnake a few years back that turned into a night ride with no headlight. I had to keep convincing my buddy to keep riding. Every half hour he would say " I got waterproof matches and I'll make camp right here". Made it back to Troy overflow around 11:00 pm. GOOD TIMES. 

• Like 2

Tried to make a loop out of rincon to rattlesnake a few years back that turned into a night ride with no headlight. I had to keep convincing my buddy to keep riding. Every half hour he would say " I got waterproof matches and I'll make camp right here". Made it back to Troy overflow around 11:00 pm. GOOD TIMES. 

SOS has got the latest on the closures.  Most is open, with a few closures due to downed trees.  IIRC, Sherman Pass Jeep Trail is closed, as is the end of Rattlesnake.