2004 gas gas 250 ec for harescrambles

I am thinking about trading my 06 kx250 2t for a 2004 gas gas 250ec. So my question is that are the gas gas a good bike for harscrambles cause I don't like the way the kx250 handles..... thanks for all info ahead of time

This year GasGas has KX "inspired" chassis (subframe and rear fender is a direct replacement).

In 2005 this bike received another chassis and engine beeing more slow speed oriented.

The '03 and '04 models share the same chassis and engine. By Gas Gas standards, those years have the slowest steering chassis, but are very stable at speed. The '04 should have Marzocchi 45mm OC forks and Ohlins shock. Those forks are a step backwards compared to the KX; the shock a step forward. Some '04s have the tiny trials gas cap which is a PIA to fill. The EC is probably 15 pounds heavier than the KX. 

I've ridden several gasgas and even more kx's. A kx is a rear steering bike. Slide it into a corner spin it out. Not great for hare scrambles. A gasgas is a scalpel. They may share some plastics but will handle totally different.

My 2003 EC300 weighed 256 pounds without fuel. Up to 2002 - scalpel. 2003 and 2004 slow steering. 2005 - on - scalpel.

My 2003 EC300 weighed 256 pounds without fuel. Up to 2002 - scalpel. 2003 and 2004 slow steering. 2005 - on - scalpel.

And KX not much lighter. 2005 is KX250 full of fuel is 258

1999 gasgas ec250 full of fuel is 263

I'll take your word on the handling as I haven't a 2003 or 2004. I have a 1999 and 2001.

Although they all use kx rear plastics and subframe.

On ‎7‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 1:05 PM, YHGEORGE said:

No way I'd trade a KX for that GG. It hasn't had the best home environment.

Is that comment based upon the photos or some additional knowledge?