Side Stand Cut Off Switch As A Immobilizer ??

I have been catching up on some reading on various forums how to delete the side stand kill switch. 

Most of the forums seem to be focusing on the removal of the function in total. 

This got me thinking if you remove the side stand wiring at the base of the side stand and attach a open and closed switch to the wiring would this  not act as a immobilizer to prevent theft. (Hide the switch on the bike)

The question is would this work if so maybe a cheap theft protection option ,as the wiring is already on the bike. 

This would give you piece of mind when riding in the bush ,as the bike will not cut out. And help prevent theft.

I have not tried this as yet as I don't want to attempt this until I had input from the forum guru's who have the technical knowledge if this is doable and practical.

The only negitive I can see it not reversible without replacing the parts.

Hope this make sense not a expert on wiring at all. 

Would start in neutral, but would die when put in gear. Might be just frustrating enough to stop a theft. 

Might even be better if the stock switch were left in place on the sidestand as a decoy. Cut the wires further up the wire harness to disengage that switch, and wire in your own  

Hide the switch in the locked tool box. :)

These bikes are light enough for thieves to just toss in the back of a pickup and drive off with it if they can't start it. It's happened to me before unfortunately.

ignoring any of the "doesn't matter if they can start it, they can lift it" business. I'd imagine few people going to lift a bike into a truck at the store parking lot (from your driveway? maybe)....draws way more attention than just starting the thing and driving off....of course, not many are going to try to hotwire either. probably just a screwdriver in the key hole

so yeah....using that switch as an immobilizer would work fine. wouldn't require anything other than a normal switch.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, mott555 said:

These bikes are light enough for thieves to just toss in the back of a pickup and drive off with it if they can't start it. It's happened to me before unfortunately.

300 +lbs or so? Light? ahahahah

Had a 72 Honda 750K stolen from the mall. Steering head locked. Parked on the sidewalk near the door. They picked up the front wheel and rolled it into a van. People watched and they were told by the two stealing it that it was there's and they had misplaced the key.