Lightweight helmet Just1 j12 vs Airoh twist?

My 5 year old Suomy Jump helmet bit the dust last week when my sweat finaly rotted off the dring that holds the strap to the helmet.  I liked the Suomy for the ultra light weight, the liner was okay at best, not as comfortable as my old Arai VX Pro3, but not terrible for the price point 

I'm in the market for a new light weight lid and have narrowed my search to the Just1 J12 ($449 MSRP) which I can get for around $200 including an extra liner and cheek pad set(buddy is a dealer for them) but I don't know much about the brand?  or the Airoh Twist Helmet which I would have to order from Europe for about $220 shipped to me...I know it's probably not as nice as the Aviator, but I don't want to spend $500 on a lid.

anyone have any input on either of these helmets?

7-26-2017 11-04-29 AM.png

7-26-2017 11-05-25 AM.png

Edited by WoodsRacerDotCom

I have been a Soumy guy since 2011. 2yrs ago I reviewed and test a Just1 J12. The venting on the Just1 is better then the Soumy and I preferred to ride with it over the Soumy. So far and 200+hrs later the Just1 has stood the test of time. Even the pads are in perfect shape and never collected any weird smells or such. Unfortunately I had to retire the Just1 from racing due getting a concussion in it (still won the race though). The shell/foam are all perfectly intact but prefer not to race in it. But I do still ride with it. For $200 I would jump on it without hesitation... 

8 minutes ago, cjjeepercreeper said:

That's some caustic sweat. :eek:  Rotted the d ring off?

no doubt, but you should see me sweat...it pours out of me...doesn't help that I like to drink good beer on Saturday night.  I usually throw the cheek pads and liners in the wash and fill the slop sink with bleachy water and dunk the helmet shell and knee braces every so often.

I just bought a just1 and like it. My only worry is the visor, seems extra flimsy! At least they sell replacements. 

My cheek pads pads fit pretty tight and I've had to order XXL pads (helmet is XL). So far that seems to be the only odd sizing thing between other helmet brands (for me). 

I just bought a just1 and like it. My only worry is the visor, seems extra flimsy! At least they sell replacements. 

My cheek pads pads fit pretty tight and I've had to order XXL pads (helmet is XL). So far that seems to be the only odd sizing thing between other helmet brands (for me).