Circlip tool needed on stock piston? ProX or Wiseco piston good/bad?

Hi guys,

I have a 16' FE450 and I've heard the circlip is tough to put in. They mention the special tool (77329030100) in the workshop manual. Can anyone confirm whether a screwdriver or Tusk circlip pliers (https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/731/17165/Tusk-Snap-Ring-Circlip-Pliers) will get the job done as easily? Anyone with a 15+ have experience with aftermarket pistons? I'm specifically looking at ProX and Wiseco.  

Edited by Bitteeinbit

If you have a Male piston with long tail on circlip, then I would get the special ktm tool, aomc has it, but I don't know what piston that bike has.

If you cheap out with a wiseco, my last choice, its a standard type circlip

Why is Wiseco your last choice? I had one in my last two stroke and it was great. Over 300 positive comments on RMATV. ProX  also sounds good, but some of the comments on RMATV bitch a bit about the circlips being difficult to install. However, it's also 1/3 the price of the stock piston... I'm not what pixie dust the stock piston has to make it that much better than any aftermarket ones? If it's really that much better I'll splurge the $300, but it's difficult to justify when ProX is $99 and Wiseco $167. Will it last two or three times as long as these? I doubt it. My piston has the long tail circlip (I think) since they recommend the special tool mentioned.

Anyways, hoping to hear from people who have used either Wiseco or ProX and whether or not they like them. 

with Oem Mahle piston and rings seeing  upwards of 1000 hours without issue on many bikes, Not sure why you'd want look elsewhere, but that's just me.

Granted ktm has switched brands on various years and models, also Ive seen motor builders state that you cant beat the oem rings on life. But the Mahle pistons and rings overall are showing a very strong life span.