ANYONE down for a Rincon day ride?

i love Rincon. but i wouldn't do it until it cools down. the Lower Rincon is pretty low so it would be in the 90's close to 100's now and there's a lot of sun exposure on the gnarly hillclimbs.
Upper Rincon is doable now.

26 minutes ago, RAZR_ said:

i love Rincon. but i wouldn't do it until it cools down. the Lower Rincon is pretty low so it would be in the 90's close to 100's now and there's a lot of sun exposure on the gnarly hillclimbs.
Upper Rincon is doable now.

We could start at sherman pass road and cut out the harder stuff but that kind of defeats the purpose.

We could start at sherman pass road and cut out the harder stuff but that kind of defeats the purpose.

yup.
that is why i would ride it on a cool-ish day.
start early cuz it'll be a loooong day.
HILL OF DOOOOOOOOOM!!!!

I spent a half an hour on that hill waiting on the Riddler to fix his broken down steed. He lost a brake pad pin going up the hill of doom. The pin jammed in the disc and he endoed going up hill. He was so mad he didn't clean the Hill of Doom, he promptly turned around and endoed heading down hill. That's when he decided maybe he should see what's wrong with the bike. 

Riddler had to wait for me at the top of Cedar for a few minutes. Then we waited for Speedy who bonked out on children's chew-able treats and also tried to gouge out an eye on a well placed branch.

Good times

• Like 7

2 hours ago, TOMSQVARNA said:

I spent a half an hour on that hill waiting on the Riddler to fix his broken down steed. He lost a brake pad pin going up the hill of doom. The pin jammed in the disc and he endoed going up hill. He was so mad he didn't clean the Hill of Doom, he promptly turned around and endoed heading down hill. That's when he decided maybe he should see what's wrong with the bike. 

Riddler had to wait for me at the top of Cedar for a few minutes. Then we waited for Speedy who bonked out on children's chew-able treats and also tried to gouge out an eye on a well placed branch.

Good times

I still have the same trail fix safety wire setup. :lol:

• Like 4

2 hours ago, TOMSQVARNA said:

Good times

We also got to drink some iodine treated water complete with river shrimp, Mmmmm (Thanks!)

Ugh the gummy electrolytes, learned a lesson I will never forget, turned me into a scarecrow due to "crampage" of epic proportions. 

Oh Jeez, I totally forgot about the branch, that damn thing...was too warm for goggles, also not a good day to loose an eye.

That being said I would love to ride it again. 

• Like 2

Rincon is always a fun day. Good to hear the trees were cleared, some of the girls didn't like getting over them.

Was that a triple or quad over the logs?

You did the full Monty quad romp, never been duplicated, never will.
  • Like 2

lots of scared talk in this thread.

looots of scuuurrred talk..

razr and grizwald ran out of water.. i thought the grizwald was going to cannibalize the razr.

i even called out the Riddler, but she was hiding up north. easy double green circle trail.

Edited by TheW0LF
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, TheW0LF said:

lots of scared talk in this thread.

looots of scuuurrred talk..

razr and grizwald ran out of water.. i thought the grizwald was going to cannibalize the razr.

i even called out the Riddler, but she was hiding up north. easy double green circle trail.

Point to the easy work ∆∆∆

You can't call me out on that trail, I have it memorized, every inch of it. Easy work.

Make it a real ride and people will come.

Creme and anvil know what I'm talking about

I'd even knock the dust off the trials tire and school

Edited by the Riddler.
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, the Riddler. said:

You can't call me out on that trail, I have it memorized, every inch of it. Easy work.

you'll do nootin'

• Like 2

Bring that trials tire, should work good on that old trail.
  • Like 1