Fastheads.com

Thinking of getting a new head from FASTHEADS.COM with Titanium package for my 06 crf250r. My head can no longer be adjusted. I do not race and only ride 4-7 hrs a week. The appeal of the "Puts an end to constant valve lash adjustments." has me interested. However, is it worth the extra $$$ for my bike and ride hours? 

Depends on riding style, if you ride lots of low end rpm riding you will be better off with a stainless steel valve, 40% heavier and requires some other things to be functional. Although i was reading on their page they use copper berrilium seats which conduct heat better which will help pull away the heat from the valves. When titanium valves get very hot they can cone and warp a bit. more and more until you need to valves and seats

6 minutes ago, diesel_dean1 said:

Depends on riding style, if you ride lots of low end rpm riding you will be better off with a stainless steel valve, 40% heavier and requires some other things to be functional. Although i was reading on their page they use copper berrilium seats which conduct heat better which will help pull away the heat from the valves. When titanium valves get very hot they can cone and warp a bit. more and more until you need to valves and seats

I ride MX tracks mostly, not high rpm's for extended periods of time.

Second question. Has anyone heard of a new head causing the bottom end to go? I was an auto mechanic in the late 80's and early 90's. sometimes if you tightened up the heads and head gaskets the increased compression would blow out the bottom end. Is this a problem for these bikes?