Engines Only Head porting
28mm Flat side Mikuni
CRF230f clutch springs
Brisk Racing Multispark plug

IMG_20170726_211330765.jpg

IMG_20170726_211243474.jpg

Edited by Jetster220
  • Like 4

How do you like that EO engine?  it must rip pretty darn good!

Oh man, it's a freaking torque monster! Even going the equivalent of 5 teeth smaller on the rear, still will come out of a corner in 3rd and pull the wheel up. It likes to be shifted in the mid range, not really a high revving type of power. I'm goin to get some helmet cam video riding it this weekend.

Sent from my XT1635-02 using ThumperTalk mobile app

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jetster220 said:

Oh man, it's a freaking torque monster! Even going the equivalent of 5 teeth smaller on the rear, still will come out of a corner in 3rd and pull the wheel up. It likes to be shifted in the mid range, not really a high revving type of power. I'm goin to get some helmet cam video riding it this weekend.

Awesome!  Frank really knows his stuff and he really does build some great engines.  Nice to hear you are happy.

• Like 1

Looks nice!! I've thought a lot about doing an inverted front end, but I guess I don't want to spend the money. I'm pretty happy with the Hagon/Triplett forked setup I'm running for the money spent. I like what you did with the engine.  I've been riding awhile with the slick shifting 6 speed that the 230 engine has-- (I did the 150/230F homologation project bike) I'm glad I went with the stock 230 powerplant. I'm wondering how much more power your motor puts out?  --L*64

2 hours ago, luckystar64 said:

Looks nice!! I've thought a lot about doing an inverted front end, but I guess I don't want to spend the money. I'm pretty happy with the Hagon/Triplett forked setup I'm running for the money spent. I like what you did with the engine.  I've been riding awhile with the slick shifting 6 speed that the 230 engine has-- (I did the 150/230F homologation project bike) I'm glad I went with the stock 230 powerplant. I'm wondering how much more power your motor puts out?  --L*64

Thanks! I love the cr85 forks, it was pretty much a must have for me since I take this thing to the MX track and have gone after some rather large jumps for it lol. According to Engines Only dyno, it should be about 20hp, as they dyno run they did was without the Cam, and I have it. 

Edited by Jetster220

That's a nice looking bike, looks like a lot of fun. I wanna ride those trails! The possible head-on collision scares the shit out of me though. What format of video are you using? Watching videos like that drives me crazy, makes me feel like I'm playing Halo lol

That's a nice looking bike, looks like a lot of fun. I wanna ride those trails! The possible head-on collision scares the shit out of me though. What format of video are you using? Watching videos like that drives me crazy, makes me feel like I'm playing Halo lol

I know what you mean about worrying about other riders, but for the most part the place is so large you generally don't come across many other riders, and you can usually see them coming plenty far away.
It's recorded in 720p 60fps, the lens is 120 degree wide angle so it does make it look a little funky.

That's cool the place you ride is that big and don't have to worry about a lot of people. Only place I've been with my friends has 1 direction trails which is nice. I wanna go to more of the places we have here, just most of them are an hour or more away, and trying to get my friends to go isn't the easiest. Yeah that video messes with my eyes lol. At least it's not fish eye

Regarding cr85 forks. I bent several axles on my BBR and it weighs less than most anything. The 12mm axle is barely adequate and was increased to 14mm on the CRF150R's. 

I was able to buy a grade 10.9 hardened 12mm bolt from McMaster Carr Co. So far no bending.

23 hours ago, woodsryder said:

Regarding cr85 forks. I bent several axles on my BBR and it weighs less than most anything. The 12mm axle is barely adequate and was increased to 14mm on the CRF150R's. 

I was able to buy a grade 10.9 hardened 12mm bolt from McMaster Carr Co. So far no bending.

Correction, the 150r axle is 15mm, hollow, and only weighs one ounce more than the 12mm axle.  It's very robust.  The cr85 forks can be drilled to accept the 15mm axle.

Correction, the 150r axle is 15mm, hollow, and only weighs one ounce more than the 12mm axle.  It's very robust.  The cr85 forks can be drilled to accept the 15mm axle.

Thanks, I'll have to keep an eye out for that!

Its funny, people ask me if those mini bike parts are strong enough for an adult. Except for the wimpy axle I mentioned the answer is generally yes.

KTM 85/105 parts in particular are very beefy. The fork tubes, axles, and shock shaft are all larger than those used on a 306 lb XR650R and the same as used on the first gen KTM520's. Surprisingly, they are just a few ounces heavier than the CR85 parts. The hubs are also much beefier than the CR parts and the same weight.

Virtually all aftermarket hubs and other billet parts are heavier than stock KTM parts. Even the bolts have dished heads to save weight. I don't even own a KTM but from the perspective of a weight weenie,.. they have all the lightest parts. I'm NOT a big fan of the color and styling though.

Edited by woodsryder
  • Like 1