Twin Air Cleaner Alternative

Title says it all. I have No Toil stuff here. I tried a lot of the cleaner. Didn't do squat. New KTM with the Bio T/A oil. Just want to clean the filter. Any of you use something else to get this stuff out? 

Edited by Gottadog

56 minutes ago, zotis777 said:

I've heard heresay on the forum that the twin air filters are actually pretty resistant to gas. Easy enough to use kerosene or diesel. Not as harsh on them.

I use gas on twin air and never had an issue

Just did a cleaning with gas. Holy. I didn't know it would clean so fast. I also washed the filter with soap afterward. Have you used No Toil on a filter that previously had different oil? Or on a filter cleaned with gas? 

Just did a cleaning with gas. Holy. I didn't know it would clean so fast. I also washed the filter with soap afterward. Have you used No Toil on a filter that previously had different oil? Or on a filter cleaned with gas? 

Nope, probably bad practice on my part but I used gas most the time. I also used almost exclusively twin air and never had an issue with the filters coming apart or deteriorating

Nope, probably bad practice on my part but I used gas most the time. I also used almost exclusively twin air and never had an issue with the filters coming apart or deteriorating

same here, i'm on two of the same Twin airs after almost a year of cleaning with gas followed with dawn dish soap and warm water.

• Like 1

Good rinse of mineral spirits in a bucket to knock all the sand and dirt off the filter, then I wash the filter 3x with warm water and dawn. Been doing that with my twin air filters for years and never had a problem with the foam tearing or the glue coming apart. 

• Like 1

Amazing how much stuff still comes out even with a few soap and water cleanings. I do that with my bare hands so I can feel the grit better.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Gottadog said:

Title says it all. I have No Toil stuff here. I tried a lot of the cleaner. Didn't do squat. New KTM with the Bio T/A oil. Just want to clean the filter. Any of you use something else to get this stuff out? 

Last night I cleaned a new TwinAir filter that I purchased for my 2002 CR250R.  The filter came pre-oiled with the biodegradable TwinAir filter oil.  I used TwinAir Bio Dirt Remover that is made explicitly for removing the TwinAir Liquid Power Bio Air Filter Oil.  It worked great, but I am going to try OxyClean powder next time to see if it will work just as well as it does on the NoToil biodegradable air filter oils.