Drz 400 bogging over 1/4 throttle

Hey guys, new to the forum here unfortunately I'm having problems with my '16 drz400s, 2000 miles

3x3, hole in airbox

JD jet kit with 160 main, 4 down on needle, 25 pilot, stock fuel screw 2 1/2 turns out, MRD exhaust with stock airfilter.

0 feet above sea level and ambient temps in the mid 80s.

I did the work to it about a week or 2 ago and it was running fine until today where it took a shit halfway to my job in the morning.  

Currently the bike dies under anything above 1/4 quarter throttle, still idles fine and I can get it to rev up if I roll on very slowly.

I haven't done any kind of diagnosing except checking to make sure the fuel screw was still there.

First drain the carb into a container and look at what drained out make sure there is no water in it water is heavier than gas and will collect on the bottom of your container, if that doesnt help i would check the jets in the carb one might have backed out

• Like 3

Make sure the you have a thin washer at the top of the needle, then the clip, the white plastic spacer and then the thick washer. I just finished my JD kit I stall last night and had to adjust the clip from 3 to 4th position..

If you find the missing washer and it sill bogs or dies, be sure to check the boots for a good seal and check for that little o-ring that sits under the black cap near the slide.

Sent from my SM-G955U using ThumperTalk mobile app

• Like 1