Should I get the MRD Z PRO?

So I have a 2000 DRZ400 with the stock exhaust and I want more power. I am planning to do a 3x3 mod, get a MRD, and rejet my carb. But I don't want it to be extremely loud. Would it still be very loud if I put the quiet insert and spark arrester? And also would this exhaust be street legal?

Thanks for your time.

With the quiet insert it is still extremely loud. I use earplugs and still get annoyed when riding with my friends who use the MRD.

• Like 1

What would you guys recommend for an exhaust that will increase performance and not be obnoxiously loud...for those of us that have neighbors

Sent from my Pixel using ThumperTalk mobile app

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, tnarG224 said:

What would you guys recommend for an exhaust that will increase performance and not be obnoxiously loud...for those of us that have neighbors

Sent from my Pixel using ThumperTalk mobile app

q4

• Like 2

Meh, a MRD sounds no different than your average 4 stroke mx bike. My YZ250F's stock silencer was louder than it.

When I hear someone say "extremely loud" my thoughts turn to the middle life crisis , I mean Harley Davidson rider, I see tooling around. No dirt bike exhaust system is even remotely close to that.

The SSW full length can is not much different than the White Bros slip on or RS3 full system I had previous to it. The biggest difference is the lower tone.

Sent from my XT1650 using ThumperTalk mobile app

The MDR didn't seem ungodly loud to me but I have spent some time riding around with Cruisers with loud pipes so my comparison may be skewed. I did add the quiet baffle and spark arrestor to my MDR. I don't believe that it changed the decibels but it did change the note to something a little more droney unless Sharp. For what it's worth it only seems to get really loud at higher RPMs so I don't tend to wined mine out too often.

• Like 1

I agree with dirty boots

On ‎7‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 0:29 AM, DirtyBoots said:

The MDR didn't seem ungodly loud to me but I have spent some time riding around with Cruisers with loud pipes so my comparison may be skewed. I did add the quiet baffle and spark arrestor to my MDR. I don't believe that it changed the decibels but it did change the note to something a little more droney unless Sharp. For what it's worth it only seems to get really loud at higher RPMs so I don't tend to wined mine out too often.

I agree .My mrd did not seem loud to me. My wife use to complain about how loud some of my bikes were. She use to tell me she could hear me  coming  down the street. She never complained about the drz with the mrd pipe.

Edited by turn8a

I bought mine with an FMF Q4 on it, which the PO raved about. It's got a great mellow tone. Can't speak to the performance improvement since it's my first DRZ. I'm happy with it.

MRD (with Q Core) will pop a little, more means the fiberglass packing is blown out.  Just rebuild my MRD muffler with 4in (vs 3.75in aluminum) stainless exhaust tubing, the increased internal volume does help.