Advice , what should I do ?

Soo I need some advice from you guys .

I have been a quad rider for some years now and I'm trying to figure out if I should make a move to dirt bikes.

I've rode my chinese pit bike a couple of times but the thing sucks for trail riding .

I've also rode a KX 80 a couple of times and that's where the things start to go bad .

I don't know how to corner soo I just ride it on straight trail , I don't know if its my throttle control (the lack of it) but the thing has a demon on it (you can moke me for being scared of a little 80) but once I twist throttle the thing lifts the front wheel and I hang on for dear life .

It scares me being not being in control .

I only have like a mouth per year to ride because I only ride on holidays , would this be enough to quickly learn the basics to ride a dirt bike , or should I just continue on quads ?

1 hour ago, cjjeepercreeper said:

There is a certain segment of the population that has no business on a motorcycle.  You may be in that segment. ?

Maybe , I guess I'm gonna just buy 450 quad , I can handle alot better than the little 80 ?

20 minutes ago, bryanaverill said:

What's a moke?

English is not my first language ?

7 minutes ago, wielywilly-g said:

Ditch the 80 moker and get an xr100. You will learn fast and I am not moking you.

I would like to try a xr250 but I don't know no one with one .

2 minutes ago, MentalGuru said:

KX500 for the win.   :prof:

I think a CR500 or a nice vintage CR450 would be very nice.  The 450 especially, one of the most evil handling overpowered bikes ever made.

Edit:  Duh, brain fart, Honda never made a 450. ?  What bike am I thinking of?

Edited by cjjeepercreeper
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Motox367 said:

That's the spirit ? just jump to a 250 twostroke 

I already rode a LTR 450 and it went smooth , I can handle it nicely .

A 250 2 stroke dirt bike would be my death ?

The only 250 2 stroke I would like to ride is the trx250r but they were not sold where I live ?

3 minutes ago, cjjeepercreeper said:

I think a CR500 or a nice vintage CR450 would be very nice.  The 450 especially, one of the most evil handling overpowered bikes ever made.

Edit:  Duh, brain fart, Honda never made a 450. ?  What bike am I thinking of?

You meant a CR480 I believe.  It would be a sweet choice.

• Like 2

Just now, Ptbikenut said:

I already rode a LTR 450 and it went smooth , I can handle it nicely .

A 250 2 stroke dirt bike would be my death ?

The only 250 2 stroke I would like to ride is the trx250r but they were not sold where I live ?

I use to ride a 250r 3 wheeler . But got sick of breaking trannys, cranks, frames and swingarms :ride: liked 3 wheelers they more like bikes to me. 250r quads are nothing anymore compared to a 450. 

39 minutes ago, Motox367 said:

I use to ride a 250r 3 wheeler . But got sick of breaking trannys, cranks, frames and swingarms :ride: liked 3 wheelers they more like bikes to me. 250r quads are nothing anymore compared to a 450. 

You are soo lucky ! There's no big 3 wheelers where I live , must be an awesome experience driving one !

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ptbikenut said:

You are soo lucky ! There's no big 3 wheelers where I live , must be an awesome experience driving one !

Getting hard to find here now days. They are not for everyone that's for sure. Wanted to race mine at local round in circle track against qauds. They wouldn't let me tho ? and that was 10 years ago now. Had a 200s also but killed that too. Pic below is me I  200s there's actually someone on outside of me I making pass lol track out back. My house messing around 

Me on 200s.jpeg

• Like 2