Racing Fuels

Does anyone use racing fuel in their 50's? We are currently using regular gas oil mix in ours but I was curious to everyone's opinion on racing fuel. If you do use racing fuel what kind do you use. I've seen there are a couple different brands so I'm curious as to the difference in them. 

Thanks for your input. 

Im too broke ass to put racing fuel in my kiddo's bikes, let alone their 50cc's , but I've used VP C-12 on my 2 stroke race bikes in the past w/ very impressive gains.

I've mixed C-12 & pump gas @50/50 to stretch the cost out a bit, but my bike loves pure C12 right out the can, like an addict on crack.

• Like 1

Ya it's not cheap that's for sure. That's why I'm trying to get more info about it before i do it. Is it better for bikes? Is there a benefit in it in the 50's or is it something to not worry about until we get to a bigger bike...

IMHO.....race gas is only better for your 50cc's if your local pump gas is so full of ethanol that it's gumming up your carb in between usages. If it's to the point where you have to clean out the jets repeatedly in order to get it running w/ pump gas, then yes, it's worth it to run race fuel, b/c race fuel is the PUREST gas you can get, and it's also got oxygenated go-fast ingredients. But for the most part, normal 50cc kiddos aren't riding fast enough to maximize race fuel. Heck, I'm pretty certain they couldn't tell the difference in a blind test.

Now, you didn't mention if your rider's being groomed to be the next pro level racer...b/c if you're racing, then yea, you need to use the best fuel to win races.

• 3 weeks later...