Bendix problems

Hi I have just gone and replaced my bendix but I have dropped the collar bushing in behind the flywheel. 

Is it ok to leave this in or will I need to remove the flywheel and get it? 

If so is there any tricks to removing the flywheel as I can't seem to jam it to twist the nut. 

Thanks 

Howdy  Leaving any thing loose behind the flywheel is a bad idea. 

There are tools that you can use to hold the flywheel while you remove the flywheel nut.  One method is to move the piston high enough in its stroke that the ports are closed then feed in as much small rope through the spark plug hole into the combustion chamber.  Then when you try to remove the nut the rope prevents the piston from moving which holds the crankshaft in place.  WARNING if done improperly you could damage your engine with this technique.

Check out YouTube for videos on removing and replacing the flywheel.  Do plenty of research before you attempt it.

Good Luck

Edited by GasitandCrash
Clairity and grammer.

Once you get the nut off, you'll need the proper flywheel puller for your bike. Try a magnet on a stick if it's not aluminum. Or try using compressed air to blow it out. Or tip the bike on the side, maybe it will fall out. Plenty of ways to get it out without removing flywheel. DO NOT leave it in there.